What's new

Looking for hi-temp switch

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

gadams999

New Around Here
I'm also looking to place a small switch in the attic to extend wi-fi. In order to support a couple PoE outdoor cameras, I was looking at something like the JetNet 3705, which would provide the ports and has an operational temp range from -20C / 75C. Even with an attic fan here in Georgia, I would rather err on the side of caution. Is this overkill (approx $220 for the switch)?

The part I have NO experience is in making a Cat5E run from the basement to the attic. It needs to be an external cable run, so the plan right now is to use outdoor grade Cat5E and a pair of lightning surge suppressors on either end to isolate a potential strike. Something similar to the attachment.

I'll post in the wireless forum also, but I'm looking for a couple PoE AP's that can be positioned for coverage on the floor below, or mounted to old work boxes in the main hallway.

Any advice or pointers appreciated!

Attachments

• attic wiring overview.jpg
    attic wiring overview.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 512

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!