What's new

Looking for NAS with software like Google drive

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

nf24eg

New Around Here
Hello, I have WD My Cloud PR4100, but unfortunately it disappointed me.
I'm looking for a NAS 4 bay that I can have a good UI, good backup and sync app and software, with good customer support.
any suggestions ?!

I tried to find apps or software about Synology to watch or read before i make the move but i didn't found any reference, may you send any links to see how is it going

Last edited:
Qnap can be setup to sync with Google drive and has various options.

Alternatively, or in addition, you could setup a VPN to provide secure remote access.

Personally, not very happy with the crap firmware QNAP has been rolling out lately so staying with a slightly older stable release. I'd definitely check out Synology more too though. Don't have one myself yet, but probably the next time I'm in the market for a NAS.

"Synology drive" is the app you are looking for, your own Google drive:D:p
Of course you need a synology Nas, i currently own a ds218play 2 bay and a 4 bay ds918+
The ds918+ is configured with 16Tb and 2 SSD's as cache drives, it has all kind of software to backup, synchronize locally or to the major cloud providers.
Cant comment about other brands as i always used synology.
I believe Most Nases big brands provide a live demo to try before buying .
Here is one from synology:

Last edited:
Hello, I have WD My Cloud PR4100, but unfortunately it disappointed me.
I'm looking for a NAS 4 bay that I can have a good UI, good backup and sync app and software, with good customer support.
any suggestions ?!
QNAP has some decent software.

For Security, as with any NAS, you should setup a VPN for your network if you plan to access it externally. Don't do port forwarding or use a company's service to access your NAS.

Synology and QNAP have solutions that work as you're asking...

Which is a preference - I usually recommend Synology for Mac users, and QNAP for Windows/Android based on the WebUI experience.

I own both - and HW, considering CPU and Drive Bay counts, is pretty similar...