What's new

Losing Internet

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

TheLyppardMan

Very Senior Member
Since upgrading to the latest build, I have noticed a strange problem. I don't know whether this is just related to UPnP or not but this morning I wanted to briefly turn this on to try something. A few seconds after enabling it, I lost my Internet connection. I tried the usual rebooting (router and DSL modem) but still no Internet. So I decided to try re-running the ISP setup wizard. When I answered the initial question about whether my Internet connection required a user name and password, I noticed that on the next screen, the fields were filled in with the log-on details for the router and not those for my ISP. I changed them to the correct details and then my Internet connection came back on. Exactly the same thing happened when I disabled UPnP. Would anyone else be able to try this to see if they get the same problem?

I thought this may have been due to not having done a factory reset etc, so I've just done that and then restored all my settings with John's Tool. However, it hasn't solved the problem, so there appears to be a bug somewhere.

Would anyone else be able to try this to see if they get the same problem?

This is caused by your browser auto-filling the wrong content in the wrong fields.

This is caused by your browser auto-filling the wrong content in the wrong fields.
Funny, I did suspect it was something like that. It was probably Bitdefender's Wallet, but I've taken now off Bitdefender for other reasons and replaced it with Kaspersky. I'll retry it again to see what happens.

I thought this may have been due to not having done a factory reset etc, so I've just done that and then restored all my settings with John's Tool. However, it hasn't solved the problem, so there appears to be a bug somewhere.

Is "John's Tool" better than just saving the settings from within the settings page in the router? What is John's Tool?

I noticed the very detailed instructions! I just need to find time to actually follow through with them now. Thanks!

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!