What's new

Manually Assigned IP list size

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

greenemk

New Around Here
I am running 384.19 on a RT-AC88U (AC3100). The Manually Assigned IP option says Max Limit : 128 entries. However, as I entered my light bulbs and systems, I got to about 70+ entries and I could not apply. I received the warning to reduce the list length or shorten device names. My question is what is included in a Manually Assigned IP entry? I assume MAC Address, IP Address, DNS Server, and Hostname only?

I am running 384.19 on a RT-AC88U (AC3100). The Manually Assigned IP option says Max Limit : 128 entries. However, as I entered my light bulbs and systems, I got to about 70+ entries and I could not apply. I received the warning to reduce the list length or shorten device names. My question is what is included in a Manually Assigned IP entry? I assume MAC Address, IP Address, DNS Server, and Hostname only?
this is being reduced to 64 in 386.X - its bound by an nvram limitation. rumour has it there's a script in the works to hopefully work around this limit and increase it again

Hey! You started that rumour! :D :D :D

@greenemk Do you need to have that many reservations? It seems like a painful way to configure your network. (just asking as reducing the need seems to be the easiest solution)

I see. In that case, you may need to consider using a different source for DHCP that allows you to use a higher number of reservations...

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!