What's new

Marvell Aquantia AQC107 Bricked: Help please

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Desertum

New Around Here
I fell like an idiot.

Today I tried to flash the latest firmware 4.2.32 for this Aquantia Marvell NIC that came with my Rampage encore board.
I used the DIAG -K method and I believe I flashed the wrong CLX file :(

I also did not save the BIN file, there was not mention of this on the instructions I found which now I totally regret of following them.

Can someone please help me?

Thank you for your help.

Attachments

• marvwell.jpg
    marvwell.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 189
I fell like an idiot.

Today I tried to flash the latest firmware 4.2.32 for this Aquantia Marvell NIC that came with my Rampage encore board.
I used the DIAG -K method and I believe I flashed the wrong CLX file :(

I also did not save the BIN file, there was not mention of this on the instructions I found which now I totally regret of following them.

Can someone please help me?

Thank you for your help.

If you download the official firmware update tool from Marvell and run it, does it identify an Aquantia NIC in the PC? If it identifies an Aquantia NIC, even if it says it cannot update the firmware, you may be able to recover it.

To borrow someone else's image:
updatefail-png.25313

If you run the firmware update and it shows an Aquantia-based NIC of some sort, it may be possible to trick it into updating the correct firmware. If it does not show an adapter, you may have to send the board back to ASUS for recovery or use an add-in NIC.

Last edited: