What's new

max Version for RT-AC68U HW Ver: A1

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

BlackMage

Occasional Visitor
Hello,

what is the max version for the RT-AC68U HW: A1 ?

i have recently updated the device with RT-AC68U_386.9_0 and the webinterface is no anymore reachable

and how can i recover the Router?

was the update right for my model?

Last edited:
Hello,

what is the max version for the RT-AC68U HW: A1 ?

i have recently updated the device with RT-AC68U_386.9_0 and the webinterface is no anymore reachable

Based on lots of people having issues with that firmware on that router, I would stick with 386.7_2. In the meantime you can do a factory reset using the WPS button and that should get you up and running on 386.9, just hard to say for how long, the more stuff you configure, the more you may run into NVRAM issues. Personally I'm holding off to see if 386.10 or later is more stable.

That router although was a good one in it's day is now old and out dated. If you want a stable network i would upgrade.

I have an AC-1900 which is the same router with slightly faster processor (I think same specs as the C revision of the 68U) and it is still plenty fast and stable. No need to upgrade if it is working and not limiting your speeds.

and 386.7_2 works without problems?

What good is a newer security patch on a non-working properly router?

As others have suggested, do a hard factory reset and reconfigure the router without loading any sort of saved router cfg file.

One can try using the ASUS Firmware Restoration tool to flash firmware to their router if it has become inaccessible. See the download page for your router on the Asus Support website to download the tool.

Not sure if the RT-AC68U I have access to is an A1 version, but it is currently running the Asus-Merlin 386.10 Alpha1 firmware. Previously was running the 386.9 on that router without issue (edit: after doing a hard factory reset).

Last edited:
and 386.7_2 works without problems?

For now it is fine. I've been on it since last year with no issues. If 386.10 turns out to work better with our older models, I'll upgrade to it. If not, I'll stick with 386.7_2 until some major security flaw requires 388 (and thus a new router) or I see the need to upgrade to a newer wifi standard.

hmpf i can access the config site only over one computer.

hmpf i can access the config site only over one computer.
If you're referring to the screen that says another computer is already logged in, just click the log out on that other computer.

If you're referring to the screen that says another computer is already logged in, just click the log out on that other computer.
Or just wait a minute

when 386.10 will it be published? will it also be released for my device?
There is already an alpha testing version:
[ 386.10 Alpha Build(s) ] Testing available build(s) for AC models
As the first post of that thread indicates there is a alpha version for the RT-AC68U.
Only RMerlin knows when he'll be publishing the "final" 386.10 firmware.
See the Asus-Merlin download page for the pre-betas, beta's and final releases.
https://www.asuswrt-merlin.net/download

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!