What's new

May 5 13:05:14 crashlog: <6>protocol 8100 is buggy, dev wds2.0.1

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

CarsonL

Occasional Visitor
Anyone knows what is this protocol 8100? it keeps repeating in my XT8 and end up crashing the whole router which it automatically reboots.

Hello OP, have you found solution to your problem?

I'm asking so because I'm having it on my new XT8 too, only difference is that it doesn't crash my router but seems to disonnect my devices randomly. I also notice occassionally the light turned red on my Primary Router but soon it changed to white and everything back to normal.

My routers are running 386.5_2-gnuton0 custom firmware.

I also notice this appears in the log but it's probably irrelevant:
Code:
kernel: httpd (1777): drop_caches: 1

Hi, My XT8s are experiencing the same issue on 386.5_2-gnuton0. The reboot is only happening on the main node. The AiMesh node retains its wifi connections when the main node reboots. Tried to access the webui while the reboot was taking place, which resulted in an error page stating to check the power on the main unit.

After switching back to 9.0.0.4.386_46980-g589e200-test only on the main node, the reboots stopped and everything went back to normal. The AiMesh node is still on 386.5_2-gnuton0 without any problems. I ran this config for four days without any problems.

I switched back to 386.5_2-gnuton0 on the main node and within 10 minutes, the main node started rebooting. Tried both clean and dirty upgrades with the same result.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!