Merlin Firmware For XT8 ZenWifi?

• ATTENTION! As of November 1, 2020, you are not able to reply to threads 6 months after the thread is opened if there are more than 500 posts in the thread.
    Threads will not be locked, so posts may still be edited by their authors.
    Just start a new thread on the topic to post if you get an error message when trying to reply to a thread.

A1MB1G

Occasional Visitor
I tried to find answers to this but didn't find anything. Is there a compatible Merlin firmware version for the Asus Zenwifi XT8 routers and nodes? I went to the Merlin website and couldn't find any for these routers.

Thanks

digits n bits

Regular Contributor
I tried to find answers to this but didn't find anything. Is there a compatible Merlin firmware version for the Asus Zenwifi XT8 routers and nodes? I went to the Merlin website and couldn't find any for these routers.

Thanks

There is no Merlin support for either of the Zen Wifi mesh systems. Asus can barely put out a decent firmware for them.

ionblue

Occasional Visitor
I just replaced my ac5300 with a pair of XT8’s and was hoping Merlin worked his magic for those as well. Maybe someday. :)

I have to say that so far the router(s) are rock solid. Certainly gives me better coverage and reliability. I was having to reboot the 5300 every few weeks or so cause one 5g band would just stop responding. It had a good run I guess. :)

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!