What's new

Merlin on RT-AX92U with AiMesh?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

dbareis

New Around Here
The "RT-AX92U" is not listed as supported or unsupported and I've seen posts that at least imply people are using it on this router.

I don't want to lose AiMesh, so can anyone confirm it works well, particularly with AiMesh?

Is there any way I can transfer the existing configuration to the new firmware (I assume a reset is recommended), perhaps with a terminal program, any pointers to a webpage explaining it would be appreciated. Same with any way of storing or resetting configuration with text scripts/files.

Thanks

AiMesh obviously works on it

Merlin obviously does not run on this router (yet)

So you can add these as nodes running Asus stock FW no problem, but you’ll need a Merlin supported router as you actual router/master

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And you cant use any config files from other router or even same router with different firmware.
There is no need to use config files on Aimesh nodes, they will be configured from master router.
If you want AX92 as master router you have once to configure all by hand.

Last edited:
And you cant use any config files from other router or even same router with different firmware.
There is no need to use config files on Aimesh nodes, they will be configure from master router.
If you want AX92 as master router you have once to configure all by hand.

Once is fine, I'm hoping twice is not required. Filtering and reapplying "nvram show" results may at least cut down on future manual configuration (from initial looks anyway, not sure how much if any changes to variable names occur across router versions).

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!