What's new

Mi Router AX1800 - Selective Routing / Policy Routing

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

omgitscurii

New Around Here
Hi,
(1st post)

I have a Mi Router AX1800 (MiWiFi Release 3.0.34) with a VPN (L2TP protocol) configured on it.
This makes all my connected devices go through the VPN but I only need my work laptop to access the internet through the VPN.

Is it possible to have a selecting routing (or policy routing, not sure what's the correct term) in this hardware?

Thanks in advance!

What OS is this laptop running? You may not need to install additional software.

What is the concern/need for running the work laptop through the VPN? If the company you work for cares enough about this, they would provide this workflow, by default.

Is it possible to have a selecting routing (or policy routing, not sure what's the correct term) in this hardware or not? I'm asking because I couldn't find anything myself so I gave this post a try.

Get an ARM based SBC with 2 ports and run the vpn client on it, plug one end into your router and the other into your laptop