What's new

x3mrouting selective routing help for a noobie

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

themaidenmaniac

New Around Here
Hi guys, bit of a long shot as I am new to all of this but managed to get fairly far in the process. In the hope someone might have a few minutes to babysit me through a few questions.

My goal is to learn how to do selective routing & hopefully send netflix traffic ONLY through vpn. But at this stage I'd be happy with some success around selective routing lol.

So I've managed to configure my nord vpn, get going with putty, install entware and then install 3xm routing. I've selected option 2 and am now left with what looks to be the correct GUI in merlin.

Where i'm coming unstuck is the next stage of managing "IPsets" and scripts, which I have no knowledge about at all, I just have a basic knowledge of networking.

3xm install.png

If i enter anything into this area of the router software now and apply it just blanks itself out and returns to default, which I am assuming is because it is overwritten by the running script and is a read only rather than applying anything here.

Would really appreciate if anyone is kind enough to guide me in the right direction for the next steps as when I try to follow the readme I am coming rather unstuck. I figure I need to be editing scripts and such, but have never done this using SSH, being firmly a windows guy. Really appreciate if anyone can spare some keystrokes!! :)

merlin.png

Had another crack but not much luck. Will have a sit down and do some reading when I can to figure it out hopefully!

I think it's just a gap in my understanding of where would one put IPset files etc for the system to pick them up.

Hi all! After restarting the router, sometimes the script what it takes longer to run in nat-start* does not work properly. In my case this is script see like
Code:
sh /jffs/scripts/x3mRouting/x3mRouting.sh ALL 1 INSTA asnum=AS32934
Does anyone know how to rewrite the code in the nat-start script to add a ready-made created by x3mRouting ipsets to iptables in mangle table?