What's new

MoCA 2.5 Packet Loss (GameStream/Moonlight Stuttering)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

The map was correct. The coax from network #1 doesn't physically connect to the coax from network #2.
  • Network #1: Comcast STB and Netgear cable modem
  • Network #2: All three GoCoax MoCA adapters

what options do you have on the GoCoax modems for TX power increase ?
If those are in units of dB, try a setting of 15 on all modems with all bands enabled.

what options do you have on the GoCoax modems for TX power increase ?
If those are in units of dB, try a setting of 15 on all modems with all bands enabled.
Not sure about the units, but Tx Power and Beacon Power Level let you select between 0 and 10. Both are set to 10 on all of my adapters.

The map was correct. The coax from network #1 doesn't physically connect to the coax from network #2.
  • Network #1: Comcast STB and Netgear cable modem
  • Network #2: All three GoCoax MoCA adapters
then placing the moca poe filters on any of that cable is not doing anything for you except attenuating the signal. You don't have any moca signal there from the gocoax modems.

Not sure about the units, but Tx Power and Beacon Power Level let you select between 0 and 10. Both are set to 10 on all of my adapters.
ok, so maxed out then.
i think you have too much signal drop between the modems.
The last test you did with only D HI enabled was with the Holland splitter in the path ?

If so, try reducing the TX power setting to 5 and see what you get with all three bands enabled.

then placing the moca poe filters on any of that cable is not doing anything for you except attenuating the signal. You don't have any moca signal there from the gocoax modems.

Since the outside line feeds network #1 and is isolated from network #2, is there any reason to put a MoCA filter at the point of entry?

Also, would you recommend putting a PoE filter on the unused splitter port of network #2, i.e. to reflect MoCA signals?

ok, so maxed out then.
i think you have too much signal drop between the modems.
The last test you did with only D HI enabled was with the Holland splitter in the path ?

If so, try reducing the TX power setting to 5 and see what you get with all three bands enabled.

I initially tried D-High with the Antronix, and then with the Holland. Neither had any bad packets.

I'll play around with the power settings later.

If you use the three output ports for the cables, then put a moca POE filter on the INPUT port. Otherwise, just cap an unused output port.
are you using 3 output ports or back to the two output, one input arrangement ?

Right now I use all three output ports for coax. The input port has a MoCA filter with a 75ohm terminator at the end.

I tried re-enabling all the bands and reducing Tx Power to 5 on all adapters, and experienced bad packets again.

All of the splitters perform similarly. I can't get all three bands to work without introducing packet loss, but I'm satisfied with the speed and stability on D-High.

I may run Cat6 in the future, but it's not as pressing now since D-High eliminates the packet drops.

Thank you for helping me track down the issue!

Just saw this in another post -

I recently saw this post and I have the exact same issue. I get 880/940 Mbps without a splitter (source is 1 Gbps fiber connection) and 880/500 Mbps with the splitter and bad packets. I also bought the same splitter (Holland GHS-3BPRO-M).
The only difference is that I have Hitron moca adapters instead the GoCoax that you have. For the rest, you described my issue.

Here my post on reddit:
Do you have any update? I'll try to setting D-High channels

I recently saw this post and I have the exact same issue. I get 880/940 Mbps without a splitter (source is 1 Gbps fiber connection) and 880/500 Mbps with the splitter and bad packets. I also bought the same splitter (Holland GHS-3BPRO-M).
The only difference is that I have Hitron moca adapters instead the GoCoax that you have. For the rest, you described my issue.

Here my post on reddit:
Do you have any update? I'll try to setting D-High channels

Let me know if you have any luck with this.

I have the Hitron adapters and have inconsistent upload speeds / packet loss as well. A couple of things have helped: 1) Getting the latest firmware (you have to contact Hitron customer service for this) and 2) Connecting the adapter closest to the main router to the In port of the splitter (as opposed to putting everything on the Out ports).

I actually returned the adapters and am going to try out a different brand.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!