What's new

Moderate Nat in Call of Duty? AC87U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

advanced warfare opens its own port on game startup via upnp on the ps4 and one

it shows up as demonware

i have

1x ps4
1x one
4x 360
2x ps3

all are open nat

stop farting around and use upnp

if you cant trust your internal network to use upnp
you shouldnt be on the internet

After doing some more digging I may have a theory,

Looking in the log I can see 3074 is forwarded via UPNP, which is the default xbox live port, so I look at which device this is and it turns out the PS4 is currently using 3074, so looking online it seems that advanced warfare uses this port maybe on the ps4 as well.

So it might be that these devices are fighting each other and this is the reason for my current strict NAT on xbox one but Open nat on advanced warfare.

I doubt it. Upnp is designed to forward ports automatically to multiple consoles even if they have to use different ports to connect to the same service. If a port is taken up like 3074, upnp would just use another port in it's place to connect to Xbox Live with a different console. All upnp is really doing is port forwarding automatically so you don't have to do it manually.

If someone were to port forward 3074 manually to a PS4, then try to use upnp to forward the same ports through an Xbox One it wouldn't work because manual port forwarding would override upnp. If you just use upnp, two consoles could have an open nat and all ports would be forwarded correctly. If upnp forwards the 3074 port to an Xbox One, then upnp would also know to open up another port to replace 3074 for a second console that would need to use it.

I personally only have upnp enabled and I am running 3 Xbox One's with an open nat at times.

Last edited:
advanced warfare opens its own port on game startup via upnp on the ps4 and one

it shows up as demonware

i have

1x ps4
1x one
4x 360
2x ps3

all are open nat

stop farting around and use upnp

if you cant trust your internal network to use upnp
you shouldnt be on the internet

Thanks for the amazing reply but I am using UPnP and have no forwarded ports

I doubt it. Upnp is designed to forward ports automatically to multiple consoles even if they have to use different ports to connect to the same service. If a port is taken up like 3074, upnp would just use another port in it's place to connect to Xbox Live with a different console. All upnp is really doing is port forwarding automatically so you don't have to do it manually.

I have put the Xbox one into the DMZ and it's now open, I can either have an open xbox one or open nat on advanced warfare not both.

I also don't want to have to turn both consoles off completely when I have finished using them rather than just putting them into rest mode.

Last edited:
Thanks for the amazing reply but I am using UPnP and have no forwarded ports

I have put the Xbox one into the DMZ and it's now open, I can either have an open xbox one or open nat on advanced warfare not both.

I also don't want to have to turn both consoles off completely when I have finished using them rather than just putting them into rest mode.

You will have to enable energy saving mode on each console to get an open nat on both using upnp. I highly recommend enabling energy saving mode which turns the console completely off and clears the hard drive cache each time you turn it all the way on and off. Keeping your console on "rest mode" is just a malfunction waiting to happen.

Last edited:
You will have to enable energy saving mode on each console to get an open nat on both using upnp.

Yeah it would seem I can get around that with DMZ now anyway and just use it that way. From what I can gather advanced warfare is the only game that uses port 3074 on the ps4 hence the start of the problem.

Yeah it would seem I can get around that with DMZ now anyway and just use it that way. From what I can gather advanced warfare is the only game that uses port 3074 on the ps4 hence the start of the problem.

The problem has nothing to do with the ports your consoles are using! By which, I mean it has nothing to do with these two different consoles that may use the same port from time to time. Upnp will take care of all this automatically. It's nothing do with that specific port.

Last edited:
The problem has nothing to do with the ports your consoles are using! By which, I mean it has nothing to do with these two different consoles that may use the same port from time to time. Upnp will take care of all this automatically.

Either way putting it in the DMZ has cured it as I don't want to have to turn the consoles fully off for UPNP to work correctly.

Next time your Nat is moderate or strict in COD, go into your Xbox one network settings and run the multi player network test, when it is finished, press LT, RT. RB. RL at the same time and the XB1 will run a NAT test and indicate what NAT you are really behind, you want a cone NAT, if you do have a cone NAT log into COD and it should be open now. If this does not work, clear the XB1 Cache by holding down the power button for 30 seconds and power it back on. The green XBOX logo screen will pop up if you did it right. Then do the above steps all over again, good luck!

Next time your Nat is moderate or strict in COD, go into your Xbox one network settings and run the multi player network test, when it is finished, press LT, RT. RB. RL at the same time and the XB1 will run a NAT test and indicate what NAT you are really behind, you want a cone NAT, if you do have a cone NAT log into COD and it should be open now. If this does not work, clear the XB1 Cache by holding down the power button for 30 seconds and power it back on. The green XBOX logo screen will pop up if you did it right. Then do the above steps all over again, good luck!

All you have to do to clear the Xbox One cache when you turn it off is go to Settings/Power&Startup then select Turn Xbox off. This is way simpler then holding down the button if you have instant-on enabled. One way to indicate that the Xbox One has been turned completely off is to identify that the power adapter light has turned orange. If it is still white when you turn it off your Xbox One did not completely turn itself off.

Last edited:
All you have to do to clear the Xbox One cache when you turn it off is go to Settings/Power&Startup then select Turn Xbox off. This is way simpler then holding down the button if you have instant-on enabled. One way to indicate that the Xbox One has been turned completely off is to identify that the power adapter light has turned orange. If it is still white when you turn it off your Xbox One did not completely turn itself off.

I am pretty sure that does not actually clear the cache, has anyone confirmed this? Have a reputable link?

Just an opinion,

Should this be addressed by the console makers, as they are designed to be placed into a rest mode, is it possible for them to clear the ports like a full shutdown on rest, as we know that plenty of people have run into this issue.

The reason I don't turn the xbox one off is due to how long it takes from a cold boot and I use it for tv, as for the PS4 I use it to power my Astro A40 headset and charge controllers once I have finished playing it.

Can someone explain the issue with UPNP as I don't understand it, when the xbox one and ps4 are wanting ports open why do they run into issues, if a port is used by the ps4 doesn't the router just open a different port for the xbox one if it requires the same one as it can see that is already being used. If the port doesn't get released by the console at rest then surely the router can still see that it is indeed still being used as it logs them?

Nope this method does not clear the cache as I just tried, you know the cache is cleared is when you power the XB1 back on and the green Xbox logo screen comes up first.

All of the methods I recommended to turn the Xbox One off would result in the green Xbox One logo screen to come up first. The only time the green screen doesn't come up is if you don't have energy saving mode enabled and you turn it off. If the power adapter light turns orange, then the console is completely off. If the light stays white, then the console is not in energy saving mode.

Last edited:
All of the methods I recommended to turn the Xbox One off would result in the green Xbox One logo screen to come up first. The only time the green screen doesn't come up is if you don't have energy saving mode enabled and you turn it off. If the power adapter light turns orange, then the console is completely off. If the light stays white, then the console is not in energy saving mode.

Wow bro, I totally disagree, that way is way more difficult than just holding down the power button for 30s but to each their own.

Let see the methods:
1. Hold down the power button for 30 seconds and DONE!
or
2. Go to Xbox dash board, select settings, then select Power&Startup then select Turn Xbox off but WAIT there one more step, you need to make sure energy saving mode is not enabled. Also once the XB1 powers back on, you may have to re-enable energy saving mode if want to continue using this feature on the XB1. :confused:

Yeah way simpler. :rolleyes:

Its threads like this that I am glad the last Console we had in the house was a Nintendo 64. No networking issues there.
And yes, get off my lawn :D. just kidding.