What's new

modmon modmon - WebUI for monitoring Virgin Hub 3 cable modem stats

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Would graphing Virgin Media Superhub 3 stats from Merlin be useful for you?

• Yes

Votes: 13 86.7%
  • No

Votes: 2 13.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Quick question.

How is this any different from the information that a cable modem webui already provides?

Quick answer? See post 1. :)

looks like I had a sw update on the virgin cable modem this morning:
21/10/2020 02:26:53 notice SW download Successful - Via NMS
21/10/2020 02:21:46 notice SW Download INIT - Via NMS

and it was rebooted:
Hardware version : 10
Software version : 9.1.1912.302
System up time : 0 days 9h:14m:25s

I now see upstream power ten times greater than before in the modmon chart:
1603295842644.png

the modem gui shows the previous/expected values:
1603296029195.png

@Jack Yaz - Some issue with the values being received via snmp, or scaling issue maybe?

Thanks
Jon

and it was rebooted:

View attachment 27041

View attachment 27042

@Jack Yaz - Some issue with the values being received via snmp, or scaling issue maybe?

Thanks
Jon
they may finally have fixed the under the hood values - I'll take a look

and it was rebooted:

View attachment 27041

View attachment 27042

Thanks
Jon
please can you pm me a copy of 192.168.100.1/getRouterStatus?

Last edited:
@JonEngland @ColinTaylor
Please try the fix by running
Code:
modmon develop
option f in the cli menu. Also feel free to critique the updated WebUI! (this applies to everyone else who uses this script too :) )

Last edited:
@JonEngland @ColinTaylor
Please try the fix by running
Code:
modmon develop
option f in the cli menu. Also feel free to critique the updated WebUI! (this applies to everyone else who uses this script too :) )

looking good now. I like how the charts are zoomed in so you see level changes better, also the drop down for the period to display is better than separate charts :)

thanks for the quick fix/update

v1.1.0 is now available
Changelog:
Code:
NEW: modmon can be configured using the WebUI
NEW: Update modmon using the WebUI
NEW: Option to store database and configuration on USB instead of JFFS
NEW: Implement option to account for Upstream Power - 10x too high in latest Hub 3 firmware
IMPROVED: WebUI now uses a dropdown to select a time period for charts
IMPROVED: Reduced use of "lock files" to make script more responsive from the WebUI
CHANGED: WebUI tab name is now modmon and not Cable Modem Stats

This is the only thing i could find on my modem....doubt it will help at all though:
I am interested in this on my Netgear modem as well. I was messing around a bit today and I was able to find the page to get the information unauthenticated. It is http://192.168.100.1/DocsisStatus.asp

Screenshot 2021-02-25 171508.png

That is what it pulls up. I can stick the page source on pastebin as well if it would help. I would imagine that "Netgear genie" would be the same on any of the CM modems. It appears so because the screenshot that @Kingp1n posted of his CM1150V looks identical to my CM600. Maybe he can try http://192.168.100.1/DocsisStatus.asp on his to see if it pulls that frame unauthenticated as well. I may holler at my son later today and see if it works on his CM1100.

Edit:
It doesn't work unauthenticated on my son's CM1100. So we may be SOL.

Last edited:
@Jack Yaz I've got a repeated issue with Modmon not mounting now. It's been every time on the last 4 reboots, including just now where I've updated firmware to 386.2 alpha 2.

@Jack Yaz I've got a repeated issue with Modmon not mounting now. It's been every time on the last 4 reboots, including just now where I've updated firmware to 386.2 alpha 2.

Yes, same issue for me also on RT-AX86U running 386.1_2. The add on page fails to mount after a reboot. Not using unbound GUI either. Just spdmerlin, scmerlin and skynet.

Yes, same issue for me also on RT-AX86U running 386.1_2. The add on page fails to mount after a reboot. Not using unbound GUI either. Just spdmerlin, scmerlin and skynet.
can you PM me a copy of your syslog from a reboot where the tab doesn't appear please?

Yes, same issue for me also on RT-AX86U runninh 386.1_2. The add on page fails to mount after a reboot.
can you PM me a copy of your syslog from a reboot where the tab doesn't appear please?
Yes, will do. Can't do it just now as my household are all using the connection.

I'm not sure why I don't see these issues, I run all of my own scripts + Diversion + FlexQoS + Unbound (no gui)

do you use unbound gui? remove that for now and let me know if you still see issues please
The Unbound GUI for a while now, for some reason, I've always had to manually install the GUI from AMTM after a reboot. However, I've rebooted it again without the GUI being installed (but unbound manager installed/ running in the background?) and I'll send the syslog over to you.

Your scripts have always worked just fine (and are very much appreciated) on my previous AC86U. I've only noticed this one issue with modmon since upgrading to the AX86U, strange isn't it. I'll get the log over as soon as I can.