What's new

modmon modmon - WebUI for monitoring Virgin Hub 3 cable modem stats

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Would graphing Virgin Media Superhub 3 stats from Merlin be useful for you?

• Yes

Votes: 13 86.7%
  • No

Votes: 2 13.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
@Jack Yaz rebooted after updating and Mormon mounted fine. Back to normal, thanks for fixing so quickly!

Edit:
It doesn't work unauthenticated on my son's CM1100. So we may be SOL.
I recently upgraded from a CM600 to CM1100 and had the same...works unath on CM600, needs auth on CM1100.
But I managed to work out the sequence to authenticate, pull the page and then logout. I even managed to work out how to force a reboot of the modem if my script detects a problem.

If there's interest, I can post up my script. I run it hourly via a cron job and it writes the following to the syslog

Mar 11 08:30:04 check_modem: Channels Locked 37, Downstream 3.4 to 6.0 dBmV, Upstream 36.5 to 40.0 dBmV

I recently upgraded from a CM600 to CM1100 and had the same...works unath on CM600, needs auth on CM1100.
But I managed to work out the sequence to authenticate, pull the page and then logout. I even managed to work out how to force a reboot of the modem if my script detects a problem.

If there's interest, I can post up my script. I run it hourly via a cron job and it writes the following to the syslog

Mar 11 08:30:04 check_modem: Channels Locked 37, Downstream 3.4 to 6.0 dBmV, Upstream 36.5 to 40.0 dBmV
POST via curl perhaps? i'd be happy to look at the script and integrate it for CM1100 users

v1.1.3 is now available
Changelog:

• NEW: CLI menu shows URL for WebUI page
  • NEW: CLI commands for "about" and "help"
  • IMPROVED: Update function now includes a prompt rather than applying update
  • IMPROVED: Use colours in CLI menu to highlight settings
  • CHANGED: NTP timeout increased to 10 minutes

Thanks for the update @Jack Yaz

One small problem though, after the update I now have 2 modmon tabs.

20210323_142202.jpg

Reboot.

I did the same, had two modmon options, so rebooted. Now I have no GUI at all, and as modmon was the only extension, no Add-on tab.
SSH'd into the router and the command line still present, so have gone for a nuclear option.
Uninstall and reinstall.

RT-AX88U with merlin 386.1_2

POST via curl perhaps? i'd be happy to look at the script and integrate it for CM1100 users
@Jack Yaz I believe the recent update is still not supporting CM1100 modems correct? Thanks for looking into this!

I did the same, had two modmon options, so rebooted. Now I have no GUI at all, and as modmon was the only extension, no Add-on tab.
SSH'd into the router and the command line still present, so have gone for a nuclear option.
Uninstall and reinstall.

RT-AX88U with merlin 386.1_2
do you have your syslog from this reboot?

Hotfix pushed for duplicate tabs on update. If you haven't updated already, you'll still get a duplicate tab (clear with a reboot or manually fiddle with /tmp/menuTree.js) but once the hotfix is installed there will be no further issues

Hotfix pushed for duplicate tabs on update. If you haven't updated already, you'll still get a duplicate tab (clear with a reboot or manually fiddle with /tmp/menuTree.js) but once the hotfix is installed there will be no further issues
Applied hotfix which gave me a 3rd tab, rebooted, back to the one again, just in a different order (which doesn't matter).
Thanks @Jack Yaz

Just discovered this addon, installed/run with zero problems, thanks. Extra fun in understanding the power expressed as dBmV, rather than W or even dBW; I know, I should get out more but it probably isn't legal.

Running on an RT-AC86U and Merlin 386.2 with a VM Hub 3.

v1.1.4 is now available
Changelog:

• NEW: Configure how long data is kept in the database
  • IMPROVED: Use of keyboard keys d,r,l for chart functions (drag zoom, reset zoom, toggle lines)
  • IMPROVED: Use of indexes in database for small performance increases
  • IMPROVED: Use ajax to load dependent files in WebUI to avoid complete page load failures if a file was unavailable
  • IMPROVED: Stale modmon processes will be cleared on each ping test
  • IMPROVED: CPU intensive tasks are now run with a lower priority to minimise hogging the CPU
  • IMPROVED: Modem logs table in WebUI is now sortable and scrollable