What's new

Multiple VPN Question

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

cc666

Very Senior Member
Running .388 stock firmware on GT-AXE 11000

Any disadvantage to running 2 different VPNs at the same time?
Also can I run multiple Wireguard VPNs with different connections at the same time?

1665668023040.png

CC

No disadvantages at all.

I only have an AX88U which is h/w limited to a maximum of 2 concurrent VPN sessions, but for your AXE11000, you might be in luck.

I’m interested in whether it works or not. If so, I will buy an AX11000. Personally, I need to run 4 WireGuard sessions 24x7.

Of course, your choice of VPN Provider will also determine whether you are successful or not. TorGuard seems to support multiple dedicated IPs, and multiple WireGuard tunnels well.

Good luck! Let me know how it goes. I can share some Private WiFI MAC address tricks with you, to take advantage of your tri-band router with multiple WireGuard sessions - although, this seems to be limited to iOS / iPadOS devices.

Yes, but you only have two WireGuard sessions active.

Try and add a 3rd one, if you can.

I’m just curious to see whether it allows it on your router.

Each “device” is assigned to a tunnel in VPN Fusion, although one iPad counts as two “devices” due to the choice of SSID.

VPNs are not only used for security / anonymity - in this scenario, you normally choose the VPN provider closest to you.

VPNs are also used for geo-unblocking. This is when multiple tunnels are needed. Unless you want to be constantly connecting & disconnecting (ugh!)

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!