What's new

My 5GHz network is very slow

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Still looks like time issue though so what is running in your lan during the day that is eating up bandwidth and at evening hours isn’t running.
thanks for the feedback. ill look into that with more detail tomorrow but i always try to run the tests when network is quiet.

6PM and your speed becomes good? Have your tried a cabled speed test? if you have lower speed during daytime it might be likely that you are throttled to lower priority (below corporate users) to provide speed in your area.
The airport that you describe: does it have low traffic at/after 6pm? If so, their radar/weather/sheer systems might be turned off, or the runway is used in another direction. (I am not stating that the airport is the cause but I try to exclude any option in that field)

hello again.
i have been running tests all day long and getting inconsistent results. im back to channel 48 @80MHz.
Again, let me insist that this is not an ISP issue since im running all the iperf tests inside my house LAN. there is no WAN connections being tested at all.
in addition, i dont have that many devices either and im trying to keep the network quiet when running the tests.

i ended up to the point of having only my NAS (which runs the iperf server), the router and my PC (which runs the iperf client)
1598661444169.png

a couple of minutes later, i ran it again
1598661474696.png

Try sending the WiFi mode to ac/n and use a higher band channel like 157 or 161, set it to 80mhz channel width.