What's new

My router have huge CPU usage with firmwares 380.66, 380.67 and 380.68

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Firewall - enabled, DOS protection - disabled.

Once again I want to remind you that there is no problem in version 380.65_04, and in other versions there is a problem.
The settings are the same everywhere.

You could check the changelogs if something is changed related to firewall or network
And like he said. Test original firmware see if bug also exist if not. Then let us know as it then has to do with edits done on original firmware. Merlin is base on official release so it contains only improvements and minor adjustment. On that way you know it is Merlin or asus bug

Greets from PowerChaos
Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

And like he said. Test original firmware see if bug also exist if not. Then let us know as it then has to do with edits done on original firmware. Merlin is base on official release so it contains only improvements and minor adjustment. On that way you know it is Merlin or asus bug
OK, that's logical.
I'll check tomorrow.

You were right - the problem is in the original firmware from ASUS.

@RMerlin
Does this need to reported on asus forum or can you see for a fix as it also exist in original firmware

@VVS
Let's see what Merlin can do. Else you need to make a bug report to asus ( original firmware feedback button for direct bug reports ) or on the forum of asus

Greets from PowerChaos
Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

NAT acceleration is outside of my control. Port-forwarded traffic bypasses NAT acceleration, and UDP acceleration is also tricky, therefore there's not much you can do about it, beside properly tweaking your torrent client configuration to not overburden the router's CPU so much.

Let's see what Merlin can do. Else you need to make a bug report to asus ( original firmware feedback button for direct bug reports ) or on the forum of asus
I'm going on vacation, so I can do this only at the end of September.

Port-forwarded traffic bypasses NAT acceleration, and UDP acceleration is also tricky, therefore there's not much you can do about it, beside properly tweaking your torrent client configuration to not overburden the router's CPU so much.
But everything works well in the previous version with the same torrent client settings.

if it happen in Official FW is most likely need to be fixed in Official FW Merlin is magician but not god he can fix everything asus broke even if Merlin has live for centuries :)

Though it does make me wonder if Bandwidth limiting some how now bypassing CTF now cause I know for fact Bandwidth limiting didnt eat up 75% or cpu for just limiting client to 15/15 in earlier FW i noticed no such slow down on the whole network, but last 2 i used 380.66_2 and 380.67 I been noticing the whole router bog down to point thing load slow router settings and web pages any time any of the clients limited by the Bandwidth limiter downloading at 15/15

And yes I trying to avoid buying newer router cause bandwidth limiting never ate up this much cpu usage on my signal core router, I would have to put traditinal QOS on which would limited my whole network to 100-110 mbit threw put and peg my cpu at 100% , but 75% or more cpu usage when CTF is on just to limit clients to 15/15 ? that to me sound like bandwidth limiter is now by passing nat acceleration/CTF for some reason

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!