What's new

My RT-AC68U seems to have TM-AC1900 firmware on it, I can't get updated firmware, is definitely not a TM-AC1900

• Thread starter Deleted member 74869
  • Start date
  • SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Do I need to post photos to further establish my credibility?

No, that would not do it... that was the very first thing you offered to do in your OP. No offense intended.

OE

Asus can tell from the serial number

Stores are full of AC68 serial numbers on the outside of AC68U boxes.

The issue here is how did a TM-AC1900 PCB and/or firmware get sold as new in an AC68U case and packaging, and then go undetected until after the warranty expired. There's a lot of bad luck stacked up there.

OE

Stores are full of AC68 serial numbers on the outside of AC68U boxes.

The issue here is how did a TM-AC1900 PCB and/or firmware get sold as new in an AC68U case and packaging, and then go undetected until after the warranty expired. There's a lot of bad luck stacked up there.

OE
Totally agree. My point was OP and Asus can sort it out based on SN and whatever else they require. I find it totally out in left field that they flashed the wrong firmware on it, forgot to label it TM, and boxed it for regular retail.

That is mysterious. Can’t imagine why anyone would go that way with it, though many, many have gone to 68u. Hence the skepticism.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!