What's new

My WHS Diy server

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

pbls

Occasional Visitor
Board Gigabyte G31M-ES2 with 4 sata ports and Gigabyte with Jumbo frames
2GB of patriot ram DDR800
4x Western Digitall green 1Tb each
CaseNox Coolbay
PSU:LC 550w green (not the one on the pics)
O.S.:Windows Home Server
3 Noisebloker XL1 fans a a Scythe controller

dscn1362.jpg

dscn1365z.jpg

dscn1360.jpg

95618083.png

Nice WHS!

I am jealous. I have an HP MSS EX475...if you have not discovered WeGotServed.CO.UK yet, I'd recommend that you check it out. Pretty good site for home builds like yours. And MediaSmartServer.Net is a great site; while focused on MSS's, there is a good knowledge level of home builds too.

What are you going to do with your rig? Streaming video? Backups?

Well thank you for your comment.This computer is serving as a download server,i actually have all my HD movies (streaming) there and it makes backups for the 3 computers that i have at home,2 desktops (one wireless N connected, the other one via gigabit) and a notebook (wireless N too).
Yes i´m a user at the We Got Served forum and they are a great help,as for the MediaSmartServer.Net i'm going to see .

Last edited:
Just a question, for some, WHS produces a stutter when demigrator engages. But not for all. Do you experience this with your mobo/configuration?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!