What's new

Mysterious DDNS Certificate on RT-AX58U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

D

Deleted member 91178

Hello guys and thank you for all your help. I feel like I have been spamming this forum these last couple of days and I really appreciate all the help. :)
Now I have another question.

I have in front of me an RT-AX58U with the latest firmware: 3.0.0.4.388_23925.

I was going through the settings when I found something weird under WAN -> DDNS:
I expected this field to be empty but I found that there was a Root Certificate/Intermediate Certificate and also Server Certificate set as active.

The setting to Activate DDNS-Client is net to "No. And the option HTTPS/SSL Certificate option is set to "automatic".

I have never enabled or used this function on the router and was a bit surprised that I have certificates set to expire in 20 years or so?
Anybody have an idea of what's going on?

Post a screenshot as it's not clear what exactly you're referring to. I suspect you're talking about the router's own self-generated certificate that it creates when you enable HTTPS access to the GUI.

Untitled.png
Your firmware probably looks slightly different than mine.

Post a screenshot as it's not clear what exactly you're referring to. I suspect you're talking about the router's own self-generated certificate that it creates when you enable HTTPS access to the GUI.

View attachment 55302
Your firmware probably looks slightly different than mine.

We have a RT-AX82U on the same site which has the same GUI, I booted it up and updated to the latest firmware and the same information appeared under the DDNS section. I guess this is something that have been added lately to the stock firmware? Because it didn't look like this before updating.

Ofcourse! Here's a screenshot:
asus router.png

Here you can see it looks a bit different. Tried to mask the certificate number, I have no idea if that's sensitive information or not though :p
Also, excuse the Swedish language.

Both routers DDNS settings looks identical, only thing that differs are the Server-Certificate expiration date on the RT-AX58U, which isn't expiring until 2044 (or something similar) However the Root Certificate/Intermediate Certificate is set to expire on 2038. Any idea why?

Thank you for your help! Appreciate it!

EDIT: This does not seem to be related to activating HTTPS. I did a hard reset and accessed it via HTTP and the DDNS section looks the same.

It looks like the router's self-generated certificate to me. I think you are correct and it's just being presented in a different way after the update.

I wouldn't worry about it.

It looks like the router's self-generated certificate to me. I think you are correct and it's just being presented in a different way after the update.

I wouldn't worry about it.
That’s probably it! Thank you for taking the time.

Any idea why the date of the Root certificate and the Server certificate would differ by several years though?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!