What's new

Mysterious IP address/Device In Network Map

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

SomeWhereOverTheRainBow

Part of the Furniture
upload_2020-5-16_17-22-1.png

Strange. This morning I had an oddity, my desktop is hard wired and has a wifi adapter that is disabled in device management. The connection field showed 3 people being online (have a guest network) but somehow the desktop listed 2 items. It should only show the NIC and not the disabled adapter as a client. I rebooted and so far it has not come back. Perhaps after not making frequent reboots, somehow it discovers what is disabled???

Could the router be spoofed or there be a man in the middle attack? via phone?

Just thoughts. Maybe you had a Netgear device a long time ago? And have you ever reset the router to factory settings?

:)

Do you have a Netgear modem? (That MAC really does belong to Netgear).

Another speculation....it could be a remnant of somebody who tried to connect and couldn't (it's a link-local ipv4 address).

Someone with a Netgear adapter tried to connect; maybe as ad hoc? Or a vpn remnant from a tunnel adapter?

Do you have a Netgear modem? (That MAC really does belong to Netgear).

Another speculation....it could be a remnant of somebody who tried to connect and couldn't (it's a link-local ipv4 address).
Yea it is not in my Map any more after reboot, So i suspect someone tried to access my network. I have no netgear products. I left that scene after Merlin started production.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!