What's new

N2350 uploading

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Kelly

New Around Here
New to the forum and hoping to find some answers.

I have a N2350 and set up as my iTunes server. I'm starting to upload my music but I can't seem to do it in 1 shot. I have all my music organized on my computer by artist and by album but when I tried to upload the folder with Subfolders, it fails. it wants me to go into each folder and upload it's contents at the file level. I do not really want to recreate my organization system let alone take all the hours to go into each folder and select the music. Is there an easier way? Am I missing something? I emailed tech support at Thecus and they replied that they didn't understand the question.

any assistance would be appreciated.

thank you

How many subfolders are there under the main folder? How big is your music collection (number of files and in GB's)?

Is this a new N2350 or was it configured previously? I don't know the available options for this unit, but is there an option that is not correctly configured? Either it can be simply toggled now, or in some cases, the option may be how the server was built and a re-configuration is required (make sure you have a backup of the files that are on it already).

I got the drives a year ago but have recently did a reset and updated to os7 with the latest firmware. As far as file size and sub folders, the music folder has 30-40 artist sub folders with 1-10 sub folders for the albums. it is probably a couple hundred gb of music.

I have the drive set up as a RAID 1 with a total of 3TB of space. Not sure of an option to turn on mass upload. I can't find the option anywhere. When I open the folder I want to send the music too, I click upload and the window appears. I can choose to navigate to the folder or drag & Drop. when I drag the folder into the upload area, it says it failed. when I navigate to the folder, it does not let me select the folder but I have to open it and select the contents.

thoughts?

So, you can't navigate directly to the share via your network? What computer os are you using?

Are you able to use a USB connection to your computer to transfer the files?

Sorry, I'm out of other ideas right now. This is not how I would expect it to work.

Maybe reset once more? Paying attention to the new options that the latest firmware presents.

I haven't tried to connect via USB but I will. I can navigate to my computer but I can't grab the whole folder, it only lets me open to get to the contents. I didn't expect it to act this way as well. I may have to break out the USB and see if that changes things.

thanks for the thoughts

So, it seems you cannot access the share from your computer to the N2350? Strange.

No, I can connect both ways. That isn't the problem. I want to grab the whole folder of music and move it at once. The uploader in the Thecus software wants me to load the songs individually into the folder. I can grab all the songs and load them at once but I want to just grab the 1 folder and move it all. that is where the issue is because it will fail when you try to load a folder with contents in it.

No, I can connect both ways. That isn't the problem. I want to grab the whole folder of music and move it at once. The uploader in the Thecus software wants me to load the songs individually into the folder. I can grab all the songs and load them at once but I want to just grab the 1 folder and move it all. that is where the issue is because it will fail when you try to load a folder with contents in it.

I don't understand why you would use the Thecus software then?

Simply use your computer to browse to the share (not the Thecus software login, etc.) and copy paste the files you want.

I'm wanting to use this because the NAS is up all the time and my PC is not. I plan to use the iTunes server to supply my whole house of devices with music. I just can't figure out how to mass upload folders that have the files organized

I'm wanting to use this because the NAS is up all the time and my PC is not. I plan to use the iTunes server to supply my whole house of devices with music. I just can't figure out how to mass upload folders that have the files organized

Understand why to use a NAS. I don't understand why the need to use any software to access the files on it.

when I say software, I mean the os7 software that is on the Thecus. not any 3rd party.

That is third-party to the os of your computer. ;)

Can't you simply browse to the shared folder from your computer?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!