What's new

N65u download master

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

mano42

New Around Here
Hello there

I purchased an n65u, and connected an ntfs formatted 2tb seagate usb3 disk.
I have set up ftp, media server and download master. I tried active content playing from other machines through aicloud, and all was working fine, I could play 2 fullhd mkv, some music without any glich.
After a few (10-15) active torrents running, I tried to play some divx videos, but playing it was a pain, the videos stopped in every few minutes. It seemd like a buffer, ram or too much hdd activity issue. I had to pause all my active torrents to make the file playable in real time.

-If I format my drive in an ext2 or ext3 fs, will I gain more speed?
-Making a swap partition will give me any boost? If yes, what size do you recommend for swap? The latest original asus firmware can use swap partition on the fly?
-I use an android dm utility, which can directly connect to download master, and I can add torrents even from my phone, will I loose that facility if I use a custom firmware?

Thank you for helping me out....