What's new

Need help with identifying causes of RT-AX55 crashing

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Zetto

Regular Contributor
Just discovered in the log that my brand new spanking router crashed, possibly twice. I can't understand why since the previous events in both cases is just a regular wlceventd. Firmware is the latest available on the website (from Feb 1, 2021). Any pointers would be appreciated as I'm afraid that the router is a lemon. Logs are attached, a few days apart, both apparently show the router rebooting on its own as I didn't do it, and one is a self-identified as a crashlog without an clearly identifiable cause.

Attachments

• log1.txt
    26.2 KB · Views: 193
  • crashlog.txt
    93 KB · Views: 136
Just discovered in the log that my brand new spanking router crashed, possibly twice. I
Just discovered in the log that my brand new spanking router crashed, possibly twice. I can't understand why since the previous events in both cases is just a regular wlceventd. Firmware is the latest available on the website (from Feb 1, 2021). Any pointers would be appreciated as I'm afraid that the router is a lemon. Logs are attached, a few days apart, both apparently show the router rebooting on its own as I didn't do it, and one is a self-identified as a crashlog without an clearly identifiable cause.

can't understand why since the previous events in both cases is just a regular wlceventd. Firmware is the latest available on the website (from Feb 1, 2021). Any pointers would be appreciated as I'm afraid that the router is a lemon. Logs are attached, a few days apart, both apparently show the router rebooting on its own as I didn't do it, and one is a self-identified as a crashlog without an clearly identifiable cause.

Do you connect a switch or USB disk to the router? if you have, can you swap them out or disable them to see if this will help?

I also suggest you flash your firmware to Merlin, it is better than the ASUS version.

Do you connect a switch or USB disk to the router? if you have, can you swap them out or disable them to see if this will help?

I also suggest you flash your firmware to Merlin, it is better than the ASUS version.
No usb ports (I actually never use them lol even on routers that had them) and no merlin support :)

Did you reset the firmware before configuring it?

OE

of course, used Asus instructions.

Install the latest firmware 3.0.0.4.386.42350, reset it (webUI Restore w/Initialize), configure it minimally from scratch, and let it run for awhile before adding to it.

OE

Install the latest firmware 3.0.0.4.386.42350, reset it (webUI Restore w/Initialize), configure it minimally from scratch, and let it run for awhile before adding to it.

OE
Hmm, the router hasn't seen the update yet for some reason. Thanks for hint. I checked the website yesterday and haven't seen it there either.