What's new

Need help with ipv6 & Rt-Ac88u with BT Smarthub 2 (SOLVED)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

There are no outer pins on the DSL-port of the router!!!
Only middle 2 have pins.
So it is nonsense what they wrote!
They only want to sell their products or somehow stupid people writing there, or it is related to very different usage - not relevant in our case.

And I added a 2€ adapter if you really want to use it ...

But forget everything, I see you dont listen and sure you are right with every word you are wrinting.
Pardon you have much more knowledge than me. How stupid on my side to want to help when you are a hero in this terms.

It has never been a problem to plug in RJ11 connectors in an RJ45 port!!! They are fully compatible.
We all or at least many do it this way. If you dont like to directly plug in you can get an adapter, but not worth not even 1C. https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07KB4HBXT/?tag=smallncom-21

And if you need more ports every cheap <10€ switch is built to do exactly this.

Dude I appreciate your help but I not gonna spends several hundred pounds when all I need is for a techy to tell me how to configure my router to receive ipv6 from the BT smarthub 2. Makes no sense what you are suggesting in my case.

OK, understood, but I gave you a link not for several hundreds but only 155GBP for the router.
And you can sell your recent 88U for almost same price, so you would loose about nothing.
Great advantage would be no more double NAT.

First answer here recommends asus dsl too: https://community.bt.com/t5/Home-setup-Wi-Fi-network/Smart-Hub-2-as-a-Modem/td-p/1922978

But as said, ok for me if you dont like this solution, only you wont get what you want, seems there are no more options for you.

Last edited:
The problem isn't Double NAT as from what im aware of ipv6 does not need NAT. and I have no problems with ipv4.

Problem Solved. Set ipv6 Connection type to "passthrough" and now all devices can connect with ipv6 addresses. :)

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!