What's new

Need help with VPN client configuration for IPTV

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

UncleTupelo

New Around Here
I've set up my own remote openVPN server that I'm connecting my router to as a client. It works, I can connect my merlin router to it as a client & pass any traffic all day long.

I'm trying to route my IPTV provider through the VPN - to route ONLY my IPTV traffic through the VPN. I've installed x3mRouting, if I add a source IP to the "Rules for routing client traffic through the tunnel" and leave my destination IP open so everything goes through my VPN - all my IPTV streams work. Everything works.

However, if I add a source IP along with the destination IP of my provider's IP range XXX.XXX.0.0/16 - only about half my streams work. I'm running everything through a pihole and have watched my DNS logs and see my provider's DNS resolution which always shows an IP within my destination IP range. I've disabled my pihole, I've disabled my firewall, neither makes a difference.

I'm guessing I'm missing a destination IP? I've been staring at this for three days and have no idea what to do to fix this -I feel like it's something obvious but I just can't see it.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!