What's new

Need solution 86u behind router

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Darkje

Hey all, i have a issue. I have a 86u as router with VPN in and out. All works awesome. I have a bridged cable modem.

Iam most likely getting a new isp. Based on bonded vvdsl The problem is they dont support bridge mode. So how can i keep using my 86u and all VPN options.

Hope you all know.

Hey all, i have a issue. I have a 86u as router with VPN in and out. All works awesome. I have a bridged cable modem.

Iam most likely getting a new isp. Based on bonded vvdsl The problem is they dont support bridge mode. So how can i keep using my 86u and all VPN options.

Hope you all know.

Double NAT the AC86 behind the ISP router. VPN clients will work with no issues. VPN server will need port forwarding.

Attachments

• How to double NAT two routers.pdf
    664.1 KB · Views: 143
You won't be able to port forward if the ISP router is the one doing the first NAT though. Usually with double NAT (ISP's npt supporting bridge mode), you can't do much.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Your key is Wan-DDNS-Method to retrieve WAN IP. You can port forward or DMZ your "new" router to the 86u and you are good to go!

Hope you all know.

Like @CaptainSTX has said, there is no problem with this, double NAT and forward a port on the ISP modem to the listen port of the AC86U VPN server.

Edit: what exact modem will new isp give you?

I understand that. But if the first NAT'ting happens on the ISP's side, which you have no control of, then you're out of luck. For example, in my case my ISP modem gets a private IP from the ISP.

But yeah, I get your point. I guess I'm explaining a different situation. It's more of a triple NAT (ISP end, ISP modem, and personal router).

I understand that. But if the first NAT'ting happens on the ISP's side, which you have no control of, then you're out of luck. For example, in my case my ISP modem gets a private IP from the ISP.

But yeah, I get your point. I guess I'm explaining a different situation. It's more of a triple NAT (ISP end, ISP modem, and personal router).

You are describing CG-NAT (carrier grade NAT). Most commonly deployed by mobile networks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So dmz wil be the way to go. I Just done like this verry much. Insure hope IPTV Will still work in this setup.