What's new

NEED YOU TO HELP !!, sq Codel not working need CAKE ??

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

IWGamerz

New Around Here
hey , ill make it short and sweet for you guyz , im limited on the networking wisdom .
im expericnig very bad bufferbloat C and below on DSLreports.com

im currently using asus-wrt MERLIN latest version 08-2020 version 384.19 (i think)

my set up is Comcast(xfinity) 200mbs down 24mbs up
arris - SBG6580 DOCSIS 3.0 (bridged)
RT-AC5300 wireless router mode

QOS on
LAPTOP on Highest Bandwidth monitor
adaptive QOS , manual, fq_codel, WAN packet overhead 18, upload 19mbs, download 189mbs
Games,media,web surfing, other

soooo , ive tried everything iMO , ive messed with all the QOS available to me on merlin ,
i feel like im missing something and that my fq_codel is not been implemented since i see no difference on the bufferbloat when i switch to sfq or any other protocol

1600563009989.png

Have you tried FlexQOS?

you should look for @raion969 on here - he also does gaming, has the same router, has had similar latency/QoS problems. he will probably have some good setup insights/advice for you
you don't use wifi to game, do you? wired ethernet will be faster.
your model router doesn't support Cake, but you're on the right track looking into QoS.
The next thing you need to do (once you've got packet loss managed) is get your ping down, which I'm guessing is in the 30-50ms range, and possibly higher. Plus, if I recall correctly (and I probably don't, so look it up yourself), that Arris modem/gateway Xfinity provides has the problem plagued Puma 6 chipset.
Can you get Native IPv6 from your ISP? use it if you can. IPv4 relies on something called NAT, which converts your LAN IPs into ones that are understood on the WAN, and vice versa. that little bit of math can add a small amount of delay (latency). IPv6 doesn't need to, because it carries enough data in it's headers about who/where you're trying to connect to, so it doesn't need to think, it just goes looking for the shortest path to destination.

Have you tried FlexQOS?
... In definitely downloading this today and trying it out. Anything in particular I should lookout for with the ac5300?

... In definitely downloading this today and trying it out. Anything in particular I should lookout for with the ac5300?
Don't forget to set the per packet overhead for your connection in the drop down box also use 95% of total up and down bandwidth form a speedtest.net speed test.

Also what platform console or PC?
I'm on pc and Xbox.

you should look for @raion969 on here - he also does gaming, has the same router, has had similar latency/QoS problems. he will probably have some good setup insights/advice for you
you don't use wifi to game, do you? wired ethernet will be faster.
your model router doesn't support Cake, but you're on the right track looking into QoS.
The next thing you need to do (once you've got packet loss managed) is get your ping down, which I'm guessing is in the 30-50ms range, and possibly higher. Plus, if I recall correctly (and I probably don't, so look it up yourself), that Arris modem/gateway Xfinity provides has the problem plagued Puma 6 chipset.
Can you get Native IPv6 from your ISP? use it if you can. IPv4 relies on something called NAT, which converts your LAN IPs into ones that are understood on the WAN, and vice versa. that little bit of math can add a small amount of delay (latency). IPv6 doesn't need to, because it carries enough data in it's headers about who/where you're trying to connect to, so it doesn't need to think, it just goes looking for the shortest path to destination.
Holy cow you guyz are next level smart when it comes to networking... I have no idea if my modem has that shipset, when it comes to IPv6 I ran this code on my CMD and it looks like it connected " tracert -6 google.com " ... And yes I use a wire connection coming from my router since my modem is on full bridge mode ..

Don't forget to set the per packet overhead for your connection in the drop down box also use 95% of total up and down bandwidth form a speedtest.net speed test.

Also what platform console or PC?
I'm on pc and Xbox.
I am doing those but I think untill I implement the freshjr script is not really resulting in good bufferbloat grade.... Btw how does the script work ? Does it have to be specifically for the AC5300 ? I'm not home and haven't had a chance to read the threads.
I'm currently on PC aka laptop while playing cod mw. But soon I'm going to be on the series X playing FIFA .

I am doing those but I think untill I implement the freshjr script is not really resulting in good bufferbloat grade.... Btw how does the script work ? Does it have to be specifically for the AC5300 ? I'm not home and haven't had a chance to read the threads.
I'm currently on PC aka laptop while playing cod mw. But soon I'm going to be on the series X playing FIFA .
smh. we can't help you/troubleshoot-diagnose-tweak unless you have access to your router, dude. for all we know you're on the other side of the world from it connecting via vpn...and that's where the latency and bufferbloat would be coming from.
Things have to be set for your connection to the ISP...yes there are rules of thumb, but you want optimal, not horseshoes and hand grenades close, right?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!