What's new

NETGEAR Adds Wall-Plugged Wireless Repeater

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Looks like it has two modes:

1. WiFi Client bridge, where it connects wirelessly to a WiFi router/AP and the ethernet port connects to a PC or game device, or to a switch and multiple ethernet-connected devices. No WDS/repeater support in this mode.

2. WDS repeater. No client bridge support in this mode (ethernet port inactive).

Hope I'm not in error.

Wish consumer products included device that can be a WDS repeater and a WiFi access point, simultaneously. Some professional products do this.

Does anyone make a device that is a WiFi access point connected internally to an HPNA device? Add an AP by just plugging it in to a wall outlet. Seems like that would sell well. But cost of mating HPNA device at router might make the total cost too high.

Last edited:
Like to see this for both 2.4 and 5GHz., or just 5GHz. My 2.4GHz. wireless is fine throughout the house, but 5GHz. could sure use a boost *smile*.

Like to see this for both 2.4 and 5GHz., or just 5GHz. My 2.4GHz. wireless is fine throughout the house, but 5GHz. could sure use a boost *smile*.
Don't know of any dual-band models yet.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!