What's new

Netgear Firmware Update for X4S R7800 (1.0.2.44)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Ok. We'll wait patiently.
Am noticing some 2.4Ghz slow down. Seems like I can't get much over 50-80Mb on download speed tests with a 200/10 ISP. Both with a Mac Book Pro and a iPhone 6sP. Some others over on the NG forum was bringing this up. Wanted to test current v45SF.

5Ghz is working just fine.

Not sure if this could be current bug or not...

I managed to get QoS working in 1.0.2.44. It seems QoS does not like address reservation. By hitting apply in LAN settings where where the DHCP reservation list is then going straight to QoS attached devices I could change the name of the devices and the priority without the blank page. I had to do this four or five times but in the end it worked for all ten devices. I have passed this info back to @NETGEAR Guy so hopefully that may help.

Last edited:
Using a manually assigned IP address in AP mode with firmware 1.0.2.40 or 1.0.2.44 does not work if AP mode is setup up after a reset to factory defaults first. You can't access the R7800 by that assigned address.

This does work with 1.0.2.38. And I believe will work if you update to 1.02.4x from 1.0.2.38 and don't reset to defaults.

Last edited:
Whats the default IP address for AP mode. Try using the default address.
Can you access the AP mode using the web host name address?

Using a manually assigned IP address in AP mode with firmware 1.0.2.40 or 1.0.2.44 does not work if AP mode is setup up after a reset to factory defaults first. You can't access the R7800 by that assigned address.

This does work with 1.0.2.38. And I believe will work if you update to 1.02.4x from 1.0.2.38 and don't reset to defaults.

Whats the default IP address for AP mode. Try using the default address.
Can you access the AP mode using the web host name address?

The default in AP mode is to use DHCP and get the address from your main router.

For now I reverted to .38 and updated in place to .44, without resetting to defaults afterwards. That keeps my manually-entered IP address.

Ok, I see what your experiencing. I set mine up for static IP address after selecting AP mode. Hit apply. Connected the LAN cable to my main network with DHCP server on one of the LAN ports. My PC is getting an IP address thru the AP mode R7800 however I can't access the static IP address I assigned. No where is the R7800 seen on the host routers DHCP client table nor is it showing up any where on any network scans. WTH. I can't access the UI at all. But I get internet thru the R7800 switch though. :confused:

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!