What's new

News Netgear Introduces Wi-Fi 6 To Its Nighthawk Pro Gaming Family

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Julio Urquidi

News Editor
netgear-xr1000-gaming.jpg
The AX5400 Nighthawk XR1000 is the first Wi-Fi 6 Netgear gaming router to be released powered by Netduma’s DumaOS 3.0. The newly updated OS adds networking features like Geo Fencing, Ping Heatmap, Connection Benchmark, Traffic Controller and QoS to the 1.5 GHz triple-core powered router designed for gaming enthusiasts.

Aside from its wireless interfaces, the XR1000 also includes five GbE ports (one WAN and four LAN) and a single USB 3.0 port.

Other listed features include MU-MIMO, OFDMA, Beamforming, Smart Connect, Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant compatibility, and a free 30-day trial of the Netgear Armor cybersecurity service.

Now available through Netgear and other online retailers, the Nighthawk Pro Gaming XR1000 Wi-Fi 6 AX5400 router is priced at $345.99. Cost for the annual Netgear Armor cybersecurity subscription is $69.99 with an upgradeable optional unlimited encrypted VPN for an additional $39.99 per year.

Same router as the RAX50 without the duma software. Quite a decent router by the way.
On sale for $100 less 2 weeks ago, plus a newer firmware out, I took a chance at a 2nd RAX50 (having returned the 1st a month or 2 ago). This one has been up non-stop for 2 weeks now, exact same setup as an AP, the old one wouldn't last a day. There's an even newer firmware out now too, popped up yesterday with another huge list of fixes. I'll wait a bit on that since it's been perfectly stable so far.

I checked my router and the app and no firmware update. I did find it on the website.
Download and updated and so far no issues, works fine. First time I’ve messed with it in almost a month.

@digits n bits. Did you not have a Asus AX58U ? If so what made you switch to Netgear ?

I did have a Asus AX-58U and it worked really well but it was lacking on range. I had a chance to try a Netgear RAX45 from Costco and it worked great so I bought a RAX50 on sale at BB figuring I could always return it. Pretty much the same router as the Asus RT-AX82U without the idiot lights in front. I miss Merlin but it’s been a solid reliable router so far which is a semi miracle considering it’s Netgear.