What's new

Netgear Nighthawk AC1750 Router (R6700)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

mediatrek

Regular Contributor
Today on the FCC’s site there was a class 2 permissive change filing posted for the Netgear R7000 (ID: PY313200233) that modifies the filing to also work with a model R6700 or “Netgear Nighthawk AC1750 Smart WiFi Router”.

As the name suggests, 256QAM support is dropped from the R7000’s 2.4GHz band (450Mbps VS the R7000 600Mbps). In addition, the rear USB 2.0 port is dropped from the unit along with the LED indicator light for that port, which is replaced by a Guest Wi-Fi indicator LED.

The datasheet was posted to Netgear’s server today for the R6700 (Nighthawk AC1750) and lays out officially info on the model:

• 1GHz Dual Core Processor (BCM4709A0)
  • 128MB flash & 256MB RAM
  • Gigabit Ethernet
  • Implicit & Explicit Beamforming
  • Upstream & downstream QoS
  • Airtime Fairness
  • DLNA
  • Readyshare USB Access
  • Readyshare Printer
  • iTunes server
  • Time Machine Compatible
  • One USB 3.0 port
  • VPN Support
  • Personal FTP Server
  • On/Off LED Light Option
  • IPv6 Support

You can view the PDF datasheet here.

I recognize this post has been here a few months. I have seen this router in Costco for $159.99 However, I don't see any ranking/testing results on this site. The Nighthawk 1900 seems to test well. Any reason to believe this unit will be problematic/under performer?

Any news?

This router is now $139.99. I am wondering if the AC1900 version is worth $30 more. Anyone have this router? Anything other than the missing USB 2.0 port on the back and 450Mbps 2.4GHz speeds that I should be leery about?

$20 manufacturer’s discount* is valid 11/21/14 through 12/01/14.

There were some postings about this router over in the Netgear forum. You might check there.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!