What's new

Netgear r7000p bricked unless plugged into serial port

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Corrin

New Around Here
Hi all,

I've decided to take another crack at unbricking my r7000p after leaving it for a while, but i have encountered a rather bizarre issue with it.

As I was attempting to flash it via a serial connection, upon turning the router on (without going into any utility, I just have the serial usb plugged into it and my laptop) the router miraculously boots up normally! i decided to unplug the serial port and reboot the router just to see what would happen, and it put itself straight back into a bricked state. plugging the serial port back in and rebooting supposedly unbricks the router, but after updating the router, unplugging the serial port and rebooting it is back into a bricked state. Also, attempting to unbrick it whilst it is plugged into the serial port using nmrpflash does not work at all. I am completely lost as to what i should do, and resetting the router does not work either.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!