What's new

Netgear R7500 & R7500v2 need updated SSL Key in a firmware update

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Not working for me on an R7800. I just get a message saying 'Failed to download Detection Database. Please try again later.' I'm on the latest V1.0.0.40 firmware.

Should note, the current version is showing as:

Version: v2.1209.cloud-ge
Release Date: December 09, 2015

I got the March, database update on the R7800. Did you try toggling QoS off and back on, then updating?

Also now working on the D7800:
Current Performance Optimization Database on Router: Version: v3.0302.cloud-g8 Release Date: March 02, 2016 :)

Engineering have just confirmed that the QoS detection database can now be updated.

Believe this will be version 3.0302.cloud-g8

Your welcome everyone. ;) If I had not reported this I highly doubt Netgear would have corrected the 11 month old QoS database files most R7500/R7500v2/D7800 users were working with.

However, I have to say a 3 week turnaround time for this simple fix reflects on Netgear how poorly they operate.

@NETGEAR Guy - Do you know if QOS classification is done by streamboost or embedded in the firmware? I was hoping that the updated streamboost setting would properly classify Xbox One's traffic as "gaming" but it is still showing as "general traffic". I cant imagine this being a difficult problem to solve given this is a premium router. Thanks in advance for the help.

Waiting for engineering to comment...will update asap
You should also let engineering know that they should start including the latest QoS databases in all product firmware updates at the time of release. It is kind of odd that every time a new firmware comes out, the newer firmwares are loaded with the oldest QoS database files from initial firmware releases for products. It is kind of a no-brainer. This goes for both QCA-based Netgear products and Broadcomm-based with Dynamic QoS.

Currently the latest database has been updated for the R7500, R7500v2 and R7800.

The streamboost database is the same across all 3 models.

Waiting for confirmation for all other models...

R8000 and R8500 are not using Streamboost QoS solution. Both models require a FW upgrade to support new applications.

my D7800 QoS database is not up to date, now is Version: v2.1209.cloud-ge Release Date: December 09, 2015

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!