What's new

Netgear R7500v2, R7800 + R8500 have shown up

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Which of the three models do you want to know more about the most?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
To be honest, I think 160Mhz will kill the 5Ghz band especially in congested neighborhoods and apartments....

To be honest, I think 160Mhz will kill the 5Ghz band especially in congested neighborhoods and apartments....
Said the same thing about 80 MHz. 5 GHz ain't dead yet. More limited range helps.

And remember, 160 MHz requires client-end support, too.

Thiggins do you think Intel/Apple will support it (future products)? I remember both refused to allow 40Mhz on the 2.4 Ghz Band earlier on their products for the same reason.

Thiggins do you think Intel/Apple will support it (future products)? I remember both refused to allow 40Mhz on the 2.4 Ghz Band earlier on their products for the same reason.
Don't know.

this is weird, because i could have sworn this thing was going to be broadcom as per the earlier posts in this thread

netgear still doesnt have a AC3100 class radio

but to be honest nitroqam is probably stupid on 2.4GHz and 5GHz

but looking back no evidence this was ever goin to come with broadcom solution

FCC docs NOV 4 show AC2600 X4S

im confused where this picture above posted with the same body as the R8500 came from

is it just R8500 picture or is there significant difference or way to tell?

Why not a LED for MU-MIMO so you can see when its in use, just a thought

Last edited:
this is weird, because i could have sworn this thing was going to be broadcom as per the earlier posts in this thread

netgear still doesnt have a AC3100 class radio

but to be honest nitroqam is probably stupid on 2.4GHz and 5GHz

but looking back no evidence this was ever goin to come with broadcom solution

FCC docs NOV 4 show AC2600 X4S

im confused where this picture above posted with the same body as the R8500 came from

is it just R8500 picture or is there significant difference or way to tell?

It was probably supposed to be based on the Broadcom chipset originally but they may have later decided to go the Qualcomm route.

Why not a LED for MU-MIMO so you can see when its in use, just a thought

No.

That is like having an indicator for the FI working in a car.

I dont think its a bad idea

Nighthawk X4S (R7800) supports both 160 MHz contiguous and 80+80 MHz modes. With that, depending on the environment and channel congestion, when working with clients that support this feature, the R7800 can direct traffic in different 5 GHz sub bands, or combine 80+80 MHz in contiguous bands. With DFS certification in the future, more channels will become easily available.

Hmm I found one.
53bf7bbb81c550b4e239af0a286fe15d.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Nighthawk X4S (R7800) supports both 160 MHz contiguous and 80+80 MHz modes

This could be a real game changer, either for good or bad, but if that's the case, why isn't it advertised as an AC4300 router (800 + 3466)? Shouldn't double channel width mean double transmission speed, at least in theory?

160MHz (80+80) works for 2-stream clients only. It doesn’t work for 4x4.

Please see the 160MHz video on Youtube

They cap the 160MHz mode for 1 and 2 stream devices only (not sure why though).
Because most devices are 1x1 and 2x2. 160 MHz mode, like MU-MIMO, is intended to most benefit those devices.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!