What's new

Netgear R7800-X4S Firmware 1.0.2.60

• Thread starter Deleted member 22229
  • Start date
  • SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I finally realized my connections problems were from the updated firmware. I rolled back to 1.0.2.52 and so far so good. It does seem like an issue that should have been caught by QA. Maybe it's time to pull the trigger on the Voxel switch that I have been contemplating for so long...
I was contemplating the roll back to .52 as well, but decided to switch to Voxel instead. I'm running 61SF now, and zero complaints.

2.4 and 5 GHz are both stable, and it's got the stubby add-on built in so I had to do literally no work other than running one command to get it enabled.

I was contemplating the roll back to .52 as well, but decided to switch to Voxel instead. I'm running 61SF now, and zero complaints.

2.4 and 5 GHz are both stable, and it's got the stubby add-on built in so I had to do literally no work other than running one command to get it enabled.

Okay, that was all the encouragement that I needed. Made the switch to Voxel.

I'll give NG a couple of more weeks.. I more perplexed as to how they broke it so much than needing a newer firmware.

On CAT-command I get 171
On GREP command I get 29

What does this mean?

When listening to a streaming radio podcast for 2 hours no interruption noticed.

If you remove the "| wc -l" from the commands, you get a list of all times including timestamp that your connection has restarted in some way.
cat is for all your devices, grep for the specific one with that ip-address you used with the grep command.

On CAT-command I get 171
On GREP command I get 29
What does this mean?
When listening to a streaming radio podcast for 2 hours no interruption noticed.

What good is it ? Certainly Voxel wont bother compiling a new release based on NG .60 :eek::(o_O
FYI: It was me who (twice!) asked NETGEAR Guy (thanks to him) to push NG/DNI engineering (to force publishing GPL for 1.0.2.60). To check the changes comparing with .52 and .58.

So currently I do not see any necessity or urgency to compile .60 changes and include them into my build. Doing so I'll publish unstable release (my version). Please check alarms of .60 users dissatisfied by this version. The only what I intend to re-use is CGI processor (binary in NG's GPL, no source codes). And ipset. That's all.

Voxel.

Hi Everyone, I am having the same issue with 1.0.2.60, I would suggest everyone having this issue to raise a ticket. I know they have not made it easy to do so, but I managed to do it through their website where it says "Replace my defective product". I think this way they will understand that users are being affected by the issue and are ready to get a replacement.

upload_2018-11-25_7-24-14.png

@Voxel, thanks for your very good work!!

I'm glad I found this thread, I was going crazy trying to look at all the network equipment at my house and isolated it to losing packet between the R7800 and my wifi devices and not being due to my provider. After downgrading to .52 the problem is gone. Something in the recent firmware releases caused major intermittent packet loss. I would get about 5% packet drop on average. If someone finds out the root cause it would be good to understand the regression.

Working with Netgear I just tested some beta firmware and it looks like they found the issue. Hopefully they release a new version with this fixed soon. They did not tell me what they found..only to test it for them. I had sent them all these threads as well .. it took some time to convince them that it was not my router, devices on my network or signals in my area..

That’s good news. Hopefully they release it soon. This latest netgear firmware has been terrible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JFYI- I have been using my R7800 as a wireless AP with voxels .60 FW since it was released with NO issues.

Just in case it helps anyone else. I have been using the latest Voxel update, was working great for a couple months, then the wifi started randomly dropping in and out but not consistently (except for this past weekend). Got annoyed and finally did a full factory reset. Still using voxel's latest update and everything has been working so far with no problems. Not sure exactly what the issue was but the factory reset seems to have resolved it. Only negative is I lost all my attached devices names but that wasn't very important (other settings were easy enough to just copy and paste back).

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!