What's new

NETGEAR WNDR3700 Reviewed

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I was referring to routing throughput. I wasn't able to ID the CPU in the DIR-685.

Thanks. Looks like the StorLink SL3516 is behind the 685's very high throughput.

Just an FYI - Amazon has a deal right now - 20 bucks off netgear products, including the WNDR3700. Just placed my order, unfortunately they are out of stock so I'll have to wait to get it. Still a great deal.

Netgear WBDR3700

Hi Tim,

Can you be so kind to verify if WRND3700 has 802.1q or VLAN capability?

Many thanks.

Cheers

Better than DLink Dir-855?

Hello from Denmark

I've had the Dir-855 and untill an unfortunate firmwareupgrade its range was good and steady. I've sold it and is considering buying another one or getting the WNDR3700. Is the range and stability as good as the Dir-855? It might be in the review but i didn't really understand the part about range. Is the WNDR3700 better overall than the Dir-855?

Also, am I right to think that the Apple Airport Extreme isn't as good as neither the netgear or Dlink?

Just an FYI - Amazon has a deal right now - 20 bucks off netgear products, including the WNDR3700. Just placed my order, unfortunately they are out of stock so I'll have to wait to get it. Still a great deal.

I don't see it. It's $169.99 right now and it's what Amazon's been selling it for.

Better than Dlink Dir-855

Sorry if this is a repost

I'm wondering if the WNDR3700s wireless range and stability is better than the Dlink Dir-855?

I live in a wifi-crowded appartment area.

I can't seem to find the comparison in the chart.

Mixed on 2.4 and N on 5

The WNDR3700 will behave like any other router with mixed clients attached. It does not drop to a 54 Mbps link rate. But both N and "legacy" clients (A,B,G) will have lower throughput because of the inefficient bandwidth sharing mechanisms. Remember, that bandwidth drops only when N and "legacy" clients are active. If clients are connected, but idle, throughput is fine for the active client.

Just so I'm 100% clear (my apologies if it should be already!), do you still take the performance hit if all the N clients are operating in the 5GHz band only, and the A/B/G clients are operating in the 2.4 band (obviously)?

Thank you,
BAJT

You need to add it to your cart to see the discount applied. It doesn't show up when just looking at the product page.

I've had the Dir-855 and untill an unfortunate firmwareupgrade its range was good and steady. I've sold it and is considering buying another one or getting the WNDR3700. Is the range and stability as good as the Dir-855? It might be in the review but i didn't really understand the part about range. Is the WNDR3700 better overall than the Dir-855?
The DIR-855 was not measured using the open air technique. So you can't compare the two data sets.

But the DIR-855 has never been a favorite and it is overpriced. I would say that the WNDR3700 is better.

Also, am I right to think that the Apple Airport Extreme isn't as good as neither the netgear or Dlink?
I wouldn't say that. The Airport Extreme tends to be well-regarded for performance.

I don't see it. It's $169.99 right now and it's what Amazon's been selling it for.

Use bing to get extra savings off the item..

Last edited:

Figured I'd create an account instead of posting as guest. I typically order from amazon since I have free 2 day shipping on all products I order (Prime shipping membership). But if you don't have Prime, that is definitely a good deal.

Just wish I didn't have to wait so long before Amazon is restocked with these.

And BING is fantastic for their cashback. I recently built a new pc and besides the rebates I received on just about everything, I got about 300 dollars in BING cashback.

Figured I'd create an account instead of posting as guest. I typically order from amazon since I have free 2 day shipping on all products I order (Prime shipping membership). But if you don't have Prime, that is definitely a good deal.

Just wish I didn't have to wait so long before Amazon is restocked with these.

And BING is fantastic for their cashback. I recently built a new pc and besides the rebates I received on just about everything, I got about 300 dollars in BING cashback.

Well I order from Amazon, Buy.com and Newegg whoever has the best deal. I just learned from other online users that Bing offers cash back.

Better to have newer stock then have the old one on hand. You might just get the latest version instead instead of the prior. Amazon Prime I did try that it was so/so I didn't care for it too much and get stuck with $80 buck membership for it.

I don't think Amazon participates in Bing cashback. It would be nice if they did though.

True Amazon will give you cash back if they make and error, which they did with me with flowers. The family member got double order and I got the vendor to give me the second one for free and Amazon had gave me cash/credit bonus to use on my next order to saying they were sorry about the mix up. You have to ask for this offer though they won't give it to you so easy. Next time you go to order you'll see you have extra funds to use or use next time.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!