What's new

Netgear WNDR3700 Versus ASUS RT-N16

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

As an aside, I've been trying to figure out which new wireless to buy and it seems like these two are currently "the best" when you want to support gigabit, mixed clients (g and n), and get the best throughput. I'm totally open to recommendations if you that another router is better.

Between the two, the WNDR3700. Note that the ASUS is not yet WiFi Certified for N.

What about the TEW-672GR top of the line for Trendnet that's standard N dual band, gig ports etc.. Only selling for $59 til 11/23.

Thanks for the advice you guys. I picked up the Netgear 3700. The wireless access doesn't seem to be reach as far as my previous netgear router does, but I'm trying to adjust things to see if that helps.

Thanks for the advice you guys. I picked up the Netgear 3700. The wireless access doesn't seem to be reach as far as my previous netgear router does, but I'm trying to adjust things to see if that helps.

Could be interference or try changing the channels..

I'm not sure with the Netgear but the Asus RT-N16 doesn't do 5Ghz N just 2.4Ghz N. I'm not sure if that's an issue for you. I have an Asus on it's way to me and I'm looking forward to 3rd party firmware support. I've read there's issues with the stock firmware and many of the users on the DD-WRT forums that have this router are unhappy with the stock Asus firmware. If you care to wade through the posts here's the thread over there: http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=59240

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!