What's new

Voxel Netgear X10 R9000 ,Voxel Firmware ,VPN

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ich habe es geschafft , brauche aber eure Hilfe wo ich einen Haken machen soll ? dann kann ich die Datei laden Bild ist im Anhang

Attachments

• 20210304_213524 (1).jpg
    20210304_213524 (1).jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 97
ich habe es geschafft , brauche aber eure Hilfe wo ich einen Haken machen soll ? dann kann ich die Datei laden Bild ist im Anhang
  1. Deselect all Regions except: Germany - Frankfurt
  2. .conf file(s)
  3. iPv4
  4. Download Configuration
  5. Open the downloaded "azirevpn-de1.conf" in e.g. notepad
  6. Copy all contents (ctrl-a ctrl-c)

IF YOU USE the Kamoj add-on:
  7. Paste (ctrl-v) in Kamoj add-on page Kamoj Menu: Wireguard Client: Create/Edit an WireGuard Client Configuration manually
  8. Fill in Configuration name: azirevpn-de1.conf
  9. Click: Create/Save VPN configuration
  10. Select and Run WireGuard Client Configuration: azirevpn-de1.conf
  11. Click: Start Wireguard Client with this
  12. WireGuard Client: Check box: Cyclic Status update

"No, nothing to install". Voxel has all included in his Firmware.
(You create the configurations yourself here:
https://www.azirevpn.com/cfg/wireguard )

I suggest you install the Kamoj add-on and just cut-and-paste the configuration into the add-on.

So it's up to you to decide. I'm sure you have German alternatives as well, but I don't know the German market.
I suggest you try 1 month with Mullvad or AzireVPN or Germany company. It's about €5 for one (1) month.
Mullvad is a big resourceful company with good reputation and many servers - 32 in Germany.
https://mullvad.net/de/servers/

AzireVPN is a small company with good reputation and not so many servers - 1 in Frankfurt, Germany,
but very privacy focused (Pioneering with Wireguard e.g.).
https://www.azirevpn.com/

If you are concerned about privacy, please read this:
https://torrentfreak.com/best-vpn-anonymous-no-logging/
Hello Kamoj, unfortunately I cannot install the Kamoj add-on see appendix. I have successfully installed the Voxel`s firmware but unfortunately I have a problem with telnet !!!!
he says wrong command, I followed your instructions. I activated the telnet checkbox. What else can I do? Please help thank you

Hallo Kamoj, leider kann ich das Kamoj-Add-On nicht installieren, siehe Anhang. Ich habe die Voxel-Firmware erfolgreich installiert, aber leider habe ich ein Problem mit Telnet !!!!
er sagt falsches Kommando, ich habe deine Anweisungen befolgt. Ich habe das Kontrollkästchen Telnet aktiviert. Was kann ich sonst noch tun? Bitte helfen Sie, danke

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-03-05 174201.png
    Screenshot 2021-03-05 174201.png
    15.3 KB · Views: 96
Hello Kamoj, unfortunately I cannot install the Kamoj add-on see appendix. I have successfully installed the Voxel`s firmware but unfortunately I have a problem with telnet !!!!
he says wrong command, I followed your instructions. I activated the telnet checkbox. What else can I do? Please help thank you

schneidewind,

It looks like your Windows 10 machine does not have the Telnet Client feature turned on. You can either go into Windows Features to turn it on, or use a client like PuTTY at www.putty.org

sorry that happened in my joy because everything went so well, thanks to your help

So does it mean that WireGuard is working for you now? And what is the speed vs speed of your ISP? Just for statistics. Interesting...

My tests show almost the same speed when using WG with R9000...

Voxel.

Unfortunately it doesn't work yet, no idea why? I did everything as Kamoj wrote, see picture, maybe someone has an idea what I did wrong

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-03-05 205014_LI.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-03-05 205014_LI.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 81
Telnet was explained in the original posting:
https://www.snbforums.com/threads/kamoj-add-on-v5-for-netgear-r7800-x4s-and-r9000-x10.60590/
Spoiler: How to enable Telnet on Windows 10
Hold down the Windows Key, then press the “R“ key.
The Run dialog box appears. In the Open: window, type:
pkgmgr /iu:”TelnetClient”
Click OK

For your latest picture it shows you have OpenVPN Client active instead of Wireguard Client.
You can not have both activated at the same time.
So first disable OpenVPN Client in "Kamoj Menu: OpenVPN Client: Click the big Green checked square in OpenVPN Client.

Also I agree with @Voxel that it is interesting to see what speed you get.
You can test speed with Wireguard and OpenVPN, one at a time.
Thank you

You are still using the 5.0 version from 2019.
To use the Kamoj add-on with Wireguard and/or DNSCrypt you must use the v5.4b22 as I PM:ed you before.

Unfortunately it doesn't work yet, no idea why? I did everything as Kamoj wrote, see picture, maybe someone has an idea what I did wrong

You are still using the 5.0 version from 2019.
To use the Kamoj add-on with Wireguard and/or DNSCrypt you must use the v5.4b22 as I PM:ed you before.
Sorry, for my stupidity, the Kamoj add-on is no longer on the r9000! I sure did something wrong. Help !!!!!!

Start with reading the readme.txt file.
There is for example Google Translate to convert it into German language.
Sorry, for my stupidity, the Kamoj add-on is no longer on the r9000! I sure did something wrong. Help !!!!!!

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!