What's new

network map does not get refreshed

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Gravityz

I noticed that my network map does not get refreshed(new clients get added bit old/nonconnected clients are not removed)
i thought this was one of the merlin benefits

with the official firmware i had to kill the networkmap on a regular base.

any idea why it is not refreshed

i thought this was one of the merlin benefits
I'm not sure why you thought Merlin would be different. The Network Map is closed source and RMerlin has stated he cannot change it. The issue you describe has been widely reported for a long time. Asus occasionally updates the Network Map code and those changes eventually make it into RMerlin's firmware.

Personally I've never had a problem with the Network Map. But then I have a very simple setup.

i guess this was something else. i interpreted this as a better network map refresh

1707222621698.png

ah, clear.

will a regular kill of the networkmap(daily, or hourly) hurt anything

i now do it once a week but that is obviously to slow

I don't think that will be a problem, other than putting error messages in the syslog. Obviously if you're in the GUI when the process is killed the client information will disappear until the watchdog kicks in to restart it.
Code:
Feb  6 12:51:04 networkmap: Error unlocking 12: 9 Bad file descriptor
Feb  6 12:51:04 networkmap: Error unlocking 0: 9 Bad file descriptor
Feb  6 12:51:07 networkmap: Error locking /var/lock//usr/networkmap/nmp_conv_type.js.lock: 2 No such file or directory
Feb  6 12:51:07 networkmap: Error unlocking -1: 9 Bad file descriptor
Feb  6 12:51:07 networkmap: Error locking /var/lock//usr/networkmap/nmp_vendor_type.js.lock: 2 No such file or directory
Feb  6 12:51:07 networkmap: Error locking /var/lock//usr/networkmap/nmp_bwdpi_type.js.lock: 2 No such file or directory

i guess this was something else. i interpreted this as a better network map refresh

View attachment 56254
The Asus Merlin System > Wireless Log page is different than the stock Asus firmware System > Wireless Log page.
Asus Merlin (note the refresh interval):
Asus Merlin Wireless Log.jpg

Stock Asus firmware:
Stock Asus Wireless Log.jpg