What's new

new ASUS BRT-AC828 ( Wireless-AC2600 Dual WAN VPN Router)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

emax.b

Regular Contributor
http://red-dot-21.com/design/asus-brt-ac828/

ASUS BRT-AC828 is a high-end wireless router, succeeded from its previous generation. The new model is embedded with duo-chip processor set, sharply decrease the disconnecting failure and greatly improve the transmitting performance. The hidden venting holes are well integrated inside the aerodynamic top case design, optimizing the cooling channel. The side profile and 3D pattern is designed to imitate the visible air flow, enhancing its air dynamic and powerful product image. To discover in more detail, the metallic antenna core can be found through the delicate split cut, revealing the boundless data transmission. The entire design is shaped and trimmed by multiple and neat surfaces, showing the perfect match of authentic and extraordinary performance. The ASUS BRT-AC828/M2 is aiming at top-class users, performs even more beyond expectation.

01756-1-2016PD.jpg

;)

AC2600 probably means Qualcomm-based.

Huh! Where did you see that specification?

I thought it was in Maylyn's post. My bad, might have gotten it mixed with another manufacturer's announcement.

I thought it was in Maylyn's post. My bad, might have gotten it mixed with another manufacturer's announcement.

Actually, it's right in this thread's title. So you'd have to ask HIM where he got the info from ;)

Actually, it's right in this thread's title. So you'd have to ask HIM where he got the info from ;)

Lol... didn't even see that.

Okay emax.b, why is AC2600 in your thread title? :)

AC2600 probably means Qualcomm-based.

Is that a good thing? I haven't really had any experience with anything Atheros (Qualcomm) based since the 802.11n days.

The model-name seems rather confusing, not following any of the current ones? And the small portion of information sounds more like some description of art and not a router.

Is that a good thing? I haven't really had any experience with anything Atheros (Qualcomm) based since the 802.11n days.

The model-name seems rather confusing, not following any of the current ones? And the small portion of information sounds more like some description of art and not a router.

I have no first-hand experience with Qualcomm, so I can't comment. On paper, they do seem to be ahead of Broadcom in various areas such as CPU power, MU-MIMO refinements and such.

I suspect that the B stands for Business, and the /M2 (M.2) instead of /U (USB) denotes the storage capabilities.

Might be interesting. I'm really eager to see the software/firmware of this thing. Being a business-branded model could prove to be both good and bad in terms of features and whatnot.

Might be interesting. I'm really eager to see the software/firmware of this thing. Being a business-branded model could prove to be both good and bad in terms of features and whatnot.

The fact it's a Business type of device is just my personal guess, based on what little leaked information I know (none of it came from Asus, so I don't know anything official either). We'll have to wait for the Computex announcement to know more.

The fact it's a Business type of device is just my personal guess, based on what little leaked information I know (none of it came from Asus, so I don't know anything official either). We'll have to wait for the Computex announcement to know more.

Somebody has been getting ready for it-- Google "ASUS BRT-AC828M2" and it is in a couple of firmware files, currently third and fourth in the results. Use {Ctrl-F} on those pages to find the line numbers where it is mentioned.

Somebody has been getting ready for it-- Google "ASUS BRT-AC828M2" and it is in a couple of firmware files, currently third and fourth in the results. Use {Ctrl-F} on those pages to find the line numbers where it is mentioned.

Yes - that someone would be Asus. This code comes from a public GPL merge.

Yes - that someone would be Asus. This code comes from a public GPL merge.
That's who I had in mind. I don't understand the firmware well enough to correctly parse it, but it had the flavor of something that they included in advance of actually announcing the device.

Official ASUS Press Release @ Computex Taipei 2016

Business networking with ASUS BRT-AC828/M2

ASUS BRT-AC828/M2 is an 802.11ac router designed for startups or small businesses, branch offices, or classrooms. It features a 4x4 MIMO antenna design and ASUS AiRadar beamforming to provide users with fast and stable Wi-Fi coverage. Dual wide-area network (WAN) ports provide ultimate speed and reliability with a combined data rate of up to 2Gbps and a backup connection. It features an M.2 SSD slot for fast data transfers and larger storage capacity for backing up files.

The BRT-AC828/M2’s Captive Portal function lets business owners customize their free Wi-Fi welcome page for customers; while the RADIUS server and Device Group features let administrators manage all devices on the network with ease.

Link ~> http://press.asus.com/PressReleases...ing-Innovations-at-Computex-2016#.V0z5jVQiPws

A glimpse on how Captive Portal and Free WiFi GUI looks like ;)

Do note this might not be the final version and subjected to changes without prior notice.

This includes the main and sub menu tabs as well :)

Wireless - Captive Portal

Free WiFi

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!