What's new

New Release for .27X branch

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Has anyone done any tests on which .27X firmware has the best wireless signal? I'm trying to figure out which one to stick with. Either .270, .271 or .276.

i am using 271 i found it gave the best results for my set up, i think all the 27x firmwares should be fairly similar

I have also had good results using standard Asus firmware version .271 . I haven't tried using .276 .

Last edited:
Has anyone done any tests on which .27X firmware has the best wireless signal? I'm trying to figure out which one to stick with. Either .270, .271 or .276.

Those three firmwares uses the same 5.10 drivers, I will be surprise if there is a difference.

Those three firmwares uses the same 5.10 drivers, I will be surprise if there is a difference.

Check the compile date of the file however to be sure. Sometimes, Asus will make changes to it, but the version number won't change since it's still the same base code from Broadcom.

Best way to check is to use the "strings" command on the wl.ko file, grep'ing for either "2012" or "2013".

Check the compile date of the file however to be sure. Sometimes, Asus will make changes to it, but the version number won't change since it's still the same base code from Broadcom.

Best way to check is to use the "strings" command on the wl.ko file, grep'ing for either "2012" or "2013".

I have no clue how to check any of this. Running .271 right now.

I have no clue how to check any of this. Running .271 right now.

Run the following through telnet/SSH:

Code:
strings /lib/modules/2.6.22.19/kernel/drivers/net/wl.ko | grep 201

it will show you (amongst other things) the string containing the build date for the wireless driver.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!