What's new

New RT-AX86U firmware 3.0.0.4.386.42095

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Noticed today, select drivers & utils and then Windows 7 32 bit, running fine :)
ASUS RT-AX86U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.386.42095
- Fixed DoS vulnerability
. Thanks for Tsinghua University NISL's contribution.
- Improved system stability.
- Fixed GUI bugs.
- Security Fixed: CVE-2020-25681, CVE-2020-25682, CVE-2020-25683, CVE-2020-25687, CVE-2020-25684, CVE-2020-25685, CVE-2020-25686

And yet again dos vulnerability. Never ending story.

It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out of your door.

Yea beeing targeted by botnet is annoying asf. If some1 dont like you then you need to change ip adress or get used to life without internet.

After being on Merlin 386.1_2, again, I went back to the Asus beta early this morning. Mainly I just feel more comfortable with the Asus firmware and seem to be getting better performance. I discovered this new version before I had fully configured the router and quickly over flashed the beta. Everything appears to be working very well!
There are a few features that would be great to have in the factory firmware. DoT and DNSSEC are two. Please Asus?

Wondering if they fixed Google Home and other 2.4 devices being dropped.

Had to go back to 384 release.

My 2.4 GHZ devices are rock solid including a very old G IP camera. Make sure you disable Airtime Fairness and Universal Beamforming. Also set it to channel 1, 6 or 11 at 20 MHZ.

After being on Merlin 386.1_2, again, I went back to the Asus beta early this morning. Mainly I just feel more comfortable with the Asus firmware and seem to be getting better performance. I discovered this new version before I had fully configured the router and quickly over flashed the beta. Everything appears to be working very well!
There are a few features that would be great to have in the factory firmware. DoT and DNSSEC are two. Please Asus?
What do you like more about the stock? I just flashed to Merlin 386.2_Beta 1 and saw this new firmware released. Debating if I should try it.

Anyone capped at 300mb with the new firmware? I'm on Merlin 386.2 Beta 1 and still capped to 300mb on 5Ghz

Anyone capped at 300mb with the new firmware? I'm on Merlin 386.2 Beta 1 and still capped to 300mb on 5Ghz

5GHz DL: 662 , UL: 106 (iPhone SE) on Shaw 1G plan.

Ethernet:

Screenshot 2021-03-18 183930.jpg

What do you like more about the stock? I just flashed to Merlin 386.2_Beta 1 and saw this new firmware released. Debating if I should try it.
I had an issue when I first flashed Merlin on the AX86U in that I could not connect to the ONT. Ran a new CAT5 from the router to the ONT outside the house and Merlin worked. Asus gets me better bandwidth by about 10% in my application. Seem to get better bufferbloat results on DSL Reports Speed Test. Am also concerned about the family if something should happen to me. I have breathing issues and likely would not survive COVID but I got my first jab today!. Right now I want to leave the network so someone else can figure out problems just-in-case. Sure, Merlin has served me well from the N66U to AC66U_B1 to AC86U. Have had the AX86U about two weeks and have switched back and forth from stock to Merlin. Am not too sure I am comfortable with the CAKE QOS going into the new build. DoT/DNSSEC I do want...

I had an issue when I first flashed Merlin on the AX86U in that I could not connect to the ONT. Ran a new CAT5 from the router to the ONT outside the house and Merlin worked. Asus gets me better bandwidth by about 10% in my application. Seem to get better bufferbloat results on DSL Reports Speed Test. Am also concerned about the family if something should happen to me. I have breathing issues and likely would not survive COVID but I got my first jab today!. Right now I want to leave the network so someone else can figure out problems just-in-case. Sure, Merlin has served me well from the N66U to AC66U_B1 to AC86U. Have had the AX86U about two weeks and have switched back and forth from stock to Merlin. Am not too sure I am comfortable with the CAKE QOS going into the new build. DoT/DNSSEC I do want...
No need for Merlin myself, wouldn't know for what :) We have around 40 clients and one Access Point, mostly CAT6, all super stable and fast, super happy with that router.

Google home devices still have issues with Merlin's latest beta which is based on the same GPL version so I assume it's not fixed.

Anyone know where this new firmware falls in regards to Merlin 386.2_Beta 1. Is Beta 1 ahead of this firmware still or is this latest release from Asus now ahead? Are they both based on the same GPL?

Thanks!

Both are based on 386_42095. I always document the GPL release used by a release in the changelog.

Both are based on 386_42095. I always document the GPL release used by a release in the changelog.
Thank you Merlin. I appreciate all you do for the community. Your work is an asset to every Asus user.

WAN disconnecting intermittently for me. On modem - notice many 10's of millions more corrected errors on OFDM channel in less than a couple hrs of uptime, more errors on other channels, and some different critical errors in the event log e.g. T3, sync, etc... ISP is comcast and I thought it was just coincidence this trouble started the day I updated the firmware and thought the fault was xfinity. Now not so sure b/c/ I saw one reddit post about the WAN light going red yet having some internet connectivity. I saw this a couple of times before I lose WAN connectivity altogether. Also, not seeing any modem lights indicating internet connection problems when WAN is out - which is very unusual. Will try flashing back to previous firmware and see if that makes a difference.

I had same issue, but I blocked all 2.4's only devices on 5ghz and have no issues. On wifi with macaddress

finally give it a whirl after running factory firmware since September. So far its stable after doing an upgrade in place, no reset or anything. My wife who's immigrated from Japan uses a crap ton of Netflix and streaming for Japanese shows on her 3 iphones and laptop as well as Sony Bravia TV and no wireless issues. Have my gaming computer, HTPC and PS5 and Xbox X on Cat 7 and no issues with big file transfers.

Also added new built in speed test page as well as a new WiFi mesh page with network info. The webGUI also runs nice and fast and has a slight "refreshed" look to it, kinda like what Apple does to Mac OSX each year.

o4lZViy.jpg

avBTfQR.jpg

I decided to try this version again. I noticed after installing and factory resetting, the default for “target wake time” on the wireless tab is now disabled. Previously I was disabling AX and target wake time on the 2.4 band because it seemed to be causing issues on both bands with devices dropping. I decided to leave the default settings with AX enabled and my wireless devices seem to be behaving now.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!