What's new

New user. Is there an overview of what different Add-ons do?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Dan567

New Around Here
I just installed Asuswrt-Merlin last week. I just discovered amtm today.
Is there an overview somewhere that describes the different AddOns and what they do?

I just installed Asuswrt-Merlin last week. I just discovered amtm today.
Is there an overview somewhere that describes the different AddOns and what they do?
One place to start is the AddOns tab in the web interface for the router -- there is a Help and Support tab.

One place to start is the AddOns tab in the web interface for the router -- there is a Help and Support tab.
Out of curiosity, what AddOn's tab in the web interface for the router? Not seeing such a tab in 386.1_2 webUI unless there is some other setting that activates it. Or is that tab only on certain routers?

Out of curiosity, what AddOn's tab in the web interface for the router? Not seeing such a tab in 386.1_2 webUI unless there is some other setting that activates it. Or is that tab only on certain routers?
It's actually not part of the firmware. It gets installed once a Jack Yaz addon gets installed.

It's actually not part of the firmware. It gets installed once a Jack Yaz addon gets installed.
Which particular addon from Jack Yaz has that AddOn's tab/information? For example, have the YazFi addon installed, and do not see any additional information about other addon's on the YazFi tab (under Guest Network) in the Asus-Merlin webGUI.

Which particular addon from Jack Yaz has that AddOn's tab/information? For example, have the YazFi addon installed, and do not see any additional information about other addon's on the YazFi tab (under Guest Network) in the Asus-Merlin webGUI.
The easiest one to start with is scMerlin. conmon, spdMerlin, and dn-vstat will add the AddOn tab as well.

Last edited:
It would be nice if this page was updated with a simple line of what each add-on does in addition of who maintains the addon.
That is exactly what is available with the AddOns tab Help & Support sub-tab.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-03-08 at 09.17.03.png
    Screen Shot 2021-03-08 at 09.17.03.png
    350.4 KB · Views: 158
That is exactly what is available with the AddOns tab Help & Support sub-tab.
Yes the name of the person who created/maintains the AddOn is listed next to the AddOn, but there isn't any sort of description of the AddOn itself. While its easy to simply click the AddOn link, it is understandable why someone (figure someone new to AddOn's) would ask for a short description of the AddOn also be on that same page. Otherwise they would have to click on each one to figure out what they do.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!