What's new

No traffic stats, etc

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

TheLyppardMan

Very Senior Member
My brand new RT-AX86U arrived today and is now up and running. However, I have just discovered that traffic data and other stats are blank. Is this likely to be a bug in the firmware?

Attachments

• Screenshot - 12_08_2020 , 18_09_51.jpg
    Screenshot - 12_08_2020 , 18_09_51.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 131
  • Screenshot - 12_08_2020 , 18_10_06.jpg
    Screenshot - 12_08_2020 , 18_10_06.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 128
  • Screenshot - 12_08_2020 , 18_10_28.jpg
    Screenshot - 12_08_2020 , 18_10_28.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 121
I wish I had a chance to open mine up last night so I could compare but sadly, not yet. You update to newest firmware from 7/31?

When I first started setting up the router, it prompted me to download the latest firmware, which I did. I've sent a support request to ASUS.

How come you haven't been able to set up your router?

When I first started setting up the router, it prompted me to download the latest firmware, which I did. I've sent a support request to ASUS.

How come you haven't been able to set up your router?

Life and wife got in the way

Honestly, just reset the entire router since doing the firmware update cause 80% of the people here are gonna say the same

Life and wife got in the way

Honestly, just reset the entire router since doing the firmware update cause 80% of the people here are gonna say the same
I tried that this evening at the suggestion of the ASUS support person, but it didn't make any difference. Have you set up yours yet and if so, are the traffic stats working on yours?

Got mine also today - same problem... I really hope it's temporary...

Thanks for confirming that you are also having the same problem.

I've sent a link to this thread to ASUS and informed them that I am not the only one with this problem. It's beginning to look like there's a bug in the firmware. I'll update this thread when I have received further information from ASUS.

Could I ask that everyone who reads this and has taken delivery of an RT-AX86U confirm whether or not they are seeing traffic stats/history etc as I've asked ASUS technical support to view this thread to get an idea of whether this is affecting everyone or just a certain number of users (I suspect the former and that this is a firmware bug, probably due to rushing to get the new router on the market before checking that everything was working).

Did somebody test it with the delivered firmware - was it working with an older version? I'm asking because the first thing i did was update to the latest version - so I even don't know if it was working with the shipped firmware.

I'm just wondering how the reviewers like dong are "reviewing" - if they would have really reviewed the device they must have been stumbled over it...

I'm just wondering how the reviewers like dong are "reviewing" - if they would have really reviewed the device they must have been stumbled over it...
I've just posted the following comment on his web site:-

I'm puzzled by your statement, "However, it’s the first that’s totally problem-free. And that’s big, considering Asus routers are known to be buggy at launch."

I, along with everyone else who has responded to my question on snbforums, have totally blank traffic stats/web history on our brand-new RT-AX86U routers, so that's at complete variance with your statement above. Can you explain please?

I don't have my RT-AX86U yet, but have anyone tried to clear the web browser cache?

Last edited:
I've just posted the following comment on his web site:-

I'm puzzled by your statement, "However, it’s the first that’s totally problem-free. And that’s big, considering Asus routers are known to be buggy at launch."

I, along with everyone else who has responded to my question on snbforums, have totally blank traffic stats/web history on our brand-new RT-AX86U routers, so that's at complete variance with your statement above. Can you explain please?

He already answered that he meant bugfree in terms of wifi-performance...

I don't have my RT-AX86U yet, but have anyone tried to clear the web browser cache?
I use Privacy Eraser Pro to do this, but it doesn't make any difference.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!