What's new

Solved Node does not reconnect to AiMesh after reboot

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

No everything is stable and runs great (does not disconnect). I only pointed out that if I reboot the node (RT-AC68W) by itself it will not reconnect to the mesh. If I reboot the system through AiMesh menu it does.

This all came about because I was trying to figure out a way to reboot the AiMesh system automatically. I started by the scedule reboot main router and noticed the node did not reconnect. Then someone on the forum offered a script to reboot node and that works but again will not reconnect to mesh system. I thought rebooting periodically was a good practice to clear memory and other stuff but I probably don't need to reboot anything as everything is stable. And if I need to reboot, I can reboot the system manually through AiMesh.

Would love to replace with AX router but that cost $ and I have the RT-AC68W laying around and works fine.

Good, enjoy!

I figured this out for anybody that has the same issue and configured it like I did. Because all of my devices can run 5GHz I set router and node to 5GHz and turned off 2.4GHz on both router (Wireless settings) and node (AiMesh: Management). Turns out the node needs 2.4GHz to "communicate" with the main router. Once I turned that on for the node (AiMesh: Management) everything reboots and connects fine every time. I left the 2.4GHz off in main router wireless settings but left it on in AiMesh: Management. All clients are connected @ 5GHz but node is able to communicate to main router on 2.4GHz.

Last edited: