What's new

Non-rack, Rack?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

matthelm

Regular Contributor
All,
I was just down at my father's, and noticed the mess where his router sets. Has anyone found a nice little "rack" for these home router/switches???

(not the "rack mount" style for computer rooms)

What do you mean if not a 19" style rack?

Just some to make the little home routers and switch look better. My dad now has a DSL modem, router, switch and a UPS setting on the floor behind a chair, and I was wonder what people use to make them neat. (if anything)

what I've found handy - Dell has a little monitor stand - made for Latitude C laptop docks where the laptop+dock slide under the monitor.

Dell 4354D : Monitor Stand for Latitude C/Port II Port Replicator/Dock

Part Number DEL C-Port II-STAND

Here's a pic/description

http://www.pacificgeek.com/product.asp?ID=848060&C=209&S=1010

You want just the stand, not the full port replicator kit (it was bundled with the port replicator if I recall correctly).

I found 8 of these in the junk pile during an office consolidation - asked the site manager if I could have them, and he said yep, less to pay to the recyclers...

They're perfect for stacking, and they're high enough that most SOHO gear fits well underneath. As far as I can tell, they're just heavy duty plastic - can support 45KG - most resellers, 10 to 15 USD...

Last edited:
Just some to make the little home routers and switch look better. My dad now has a DSL modem, router, switch and a UPS setting on the floor behind a chair, and I was wonder what people use to make them neat. (if anything)

Depends you can use a wooden rack 3 shelves for each device.

Router S1
Switch S2
DSL Modem S3

You do not want to use a closed in cabinet. These devices need air flow.
Otherwise they will get hot.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!