What's new

Noob addon install

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Lastest offical firmware has removed parts of the UI. DNS filtering has gone, VPN device selection removed

Not part of Asuswrt, Merlin specific features. You were talking about IPv6. In case you want to enable it again, read below what works and what doesn't with IPv6 enabled, also how it affects the popular user scripts:

Been using that persons block list for a very very long time on the pc.

Not needed. Every modern browser uses form of SefeBrowsing by default and your firewall blocks incoming unsolicited connections by default.

Then I can import to say most torrent programs.

Use the included Parental Controls, block P2P connections. It's part of TrendMicro components, available in stock Asuswrt.

Thanks you all for the reply's.
For now I am not going to installing any addons.
I was able to set up Windows Open SSH very easily also run the amtm. Via that I noticed I can install most of the addons, if and when required via that friendly UI, but was nice to have a peak.
My ipv6 problems is a known problem and in the lasted merlin firmware that was only support for 1-2 devices, it had that sorted so I hope it will be applied to all future firmware updates on more devices.
The DNS filtering and VPN device picking was in the ASUS firmware, then I updated to there lasted via the UI and they was missing.

I had installed merlin in the past but always hard reset when swapping FW's.
First I do a default UI reset then I update the firmware, let it reboot then Hardware reset by switching of the router holding the WPS button, Power on still holding the WPS until the power light go's out, I then power off and then on. Then another quick login to then do a UI reset again with Initialize all the settings ticked.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!