What's new

ntpMerlin ntpMerlin - NTP Daemon for AsusWRT Merlin

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Rebooting the router now and will leave it for 10 minutes will update

Sometimes the NTP will sync up but most times it will not

In your NAT-start script try this ( once you have installed NTPMerlin back again)
Code:
#!/bin/sh
Say "Paused for 10 secs"
sleep 10      # Never hurts for nat-start!!!
/jffs/scripts/ntpmerlin ntpredirect # ntpMerlin

I have a feeling this may fix your problem! Lets know if it does

Last edited:
In your NAT-start script try this ( once you have installed NTPMerlin back again)
Code:
#!/bin/sh
Say "Paused for 10 secs"
sleep 10      # Never hurts for nat-start!!!
/jffs/scripts/ntpmerlin ntpredirect # ntpMerlin

I have a feeling this may fix your problem! Lets know if it does

It was working but it back

This is doing my head in

https://1drv.ms/u/s!ApZr4PK0Md8XthBvv3S9xE-2hIaU

Last edited:
It was working but it back

This is doing my head in

https://1drv.ms/u/s!ApZr4PK0Md8XthBvv3S9xE-2hIaU

I dont see the "paused for 10 sec" in the log after nat-start executes? also Entware was not found from 9 out of 10 attempts. Do you have storage for stats and config set to usb in ntpmerlin? Maybe you should reformat your USB and reinstall everything from scratch. Starting with amtm then diversion which will install entware. Then ntpmerlin.

Last edited:
I dont see the "paused for 10 sec" in the log after nat-start executes? also Entware was not found from 9 out of 10 attempts. Do you have storage for stats and config set to usb in ntpmerlin? Maybe you should reformat your USB and reinstall everything from scratch. Starting with amtm then diversion which will install entware. Then ntpmerlin.

Its still broken even after a reset lol https://1drv.ms/t/s!ApZr4PK0Md8XthIz01Iisdu93i1j

Last edited:
The only thing that bothers me in the log is the use of ISP DNS, but only because I cannot reach it here from USA trying to “dig” against it. Test setting an external WAN DNS like 1.1.1.1 or 9.9.9.9 and reboot.
And Cloudflare's 1.1.1.1 and 1.0.0.1 DNS servers may be in Edinburgh or Manchester rather than the Virgin UK's London DNS servers
Edit: Virgin UK's IP addresses could be anycast so disregard comment

Last edited:
The only thing that bothers me in the log is the use of ISP DNS, but only because I cannot reach it here from USA trying to “dig” against it. Test setting an external WAN DNS like 1.1.1.1 or 9.9.9.9 and reboot.

Yes I cant reach them here from Australia. I assume you mean 194.168.8.100 and 194.168.4.100. Also this message WAN_Connection: ISP's DHCP did not function properly. I cant even find any evidence of any of the ops scripts being loaded in the last log. Service-event, nat-start, firewall-start - all missing - Did you reformat the usb and reenable all scripts?

Yes I cant reach them here from Australia. I assume you mean 194.168.8.100 and 194.168.4.100. Also this message WAN_Connection: ISP's DHCP did not function properly. I cant even find any evidence of any of the ops scripts being loaded in the last log. Service-event, nat-start, firewall-start - all missing - Did you reformat the usb and reenable all scripts?
Yes, he did say "even after a reset" so I'm assuming that means wiped clean as a baby's bottom.

If you are Aussie like me and using an ISP that has dhcp not working, you need to pm jack Cheng on whirlpool forums for the continuous mode instructions, and read into he contious mode theread should help with that issue.

If you are Aussie like me and using an ISP that has dhcp not working, you need to pm jack Cheng on whirlpool forums for the continuous mode instructions, and read into he contious mode theread should help with that issue.

its not me with the problem its matinDee

all i can tell is you have multiple events triggering your time sync multiple times in one session. To me it appears to be associated with your wan restarting.
What modem are you using? You maybe having modem issues with your ISP.

Good morning

Am just happy that NTP is working